Rev. Darrell Goodwin, Executive Conference Minister, talks with the Rev. James Ross, Minister for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, on how to combat legislation against transgender youth.
Learn more here:
- You can contact elected officials. Please also be sure to ask everyone you know living in affected states to do the same.
- Reach out to national organizations working on these issues.
- If your congregation is Open and Affirming, consider what God is calling you to do in response this crisis. If your congregation is not yet Open and Affirming, learn more about the process to become ONA and what you can do.
- The resource list we have provided includes more about what you can do and the organizations involved in these efforts.
Action Alerts and Statements
- Alabama Action Alert: https://action.aclu.org/send-message/al-trans-belong-2021
- Arkansas Action Alert: https://action.aclu.org/send-message/ar-trans-rights
- Kansas Statement from ACLU: https://www.aclukansas.org/.../aclu-kansas-strongly...
- Rhode Island Proposed Bill: http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/.../SenateTe.../S0638.pdf
- South Dakota Action Alert: https://www.aclusd.org/veto-noem
National Organizations Working on This Issue
- American Civil Liberties Union: https://www.aclu.org/.../four-myths-about-trans-athletes.../
- Freedom for All Americans: https://freedomforallamericans.org/
- Human Rights Campaign: https://www.hrc.org/
- Lambda Legal: https://www.lambdalegal.org/.../20210311_lambda-legal...
- National Center for Transgender Equality: https://transequality.org/