Strengthen the Church
Strengthen the Church
Strengthen The Church is a special offering on Pentecost Sunday to support these Discipleship ministries of the Southern New England Conference of the United Church of Christ:
- Outdoor Ministries (including Silver Lake Conference Center, Irons Homestead, and Edwards Retreat Center)
- Faith Formation Ministries
- Youth and Young Adult Ministries
Making Disciples for the Church and for the World
Your gifts support these transformational ministries!
SNEUCC Outdoor Ministries
Nurturing disciples at Silver Lake, Irons Homestead, and Edwards House Retreat Center
Your gifts nurture disciples of all ages through Outdoor Ministries. Lives are changed and faith is deepened through programs, camps, and retreats.
- Creating a Silver Lake songbook anthology to spread God's love -- and a little bit of Silver Lake spirit -- beyond the boundaries of camp
- Building relationships through new collaborative opportunities for mission groups onsite at Irons Homestead.
- Development of a youth volunteer program at Edwards House to expand and deepen our community connections.
SNEUCC Faith Formation Ministries
Cultivating & Equipping Leaders
Your Contributions continue to deepen discipleship for local church practitioners and layity
- An enriched Certificate Program in Faith Formation / Youth Ministries
- Sponsorship for leadership development events such as the Messy Church training
- The creation of new Communities of Practice (CoP) for Faith Formation and Youth Ministry Leaders
SNEUCC Youth and Young Adult Ministries
Affirming Youth & Young Adults
Your gifts to Strengthen the Church help youth explore vocation, participate in summer conferences, stand up for justice, and connect with the wider church.
- Silver Lake Scholarships for youth of color
- Support for Synod Delegates and Youth @ Synod Participants
- Partnership events and networking opportunities for young adults in leadership programs
80% of your gift will be put to work in Southern New England. 20% of your gift will support national ministries of the United Church of Christ.
Materials have been emailed to each church for distribution. Churches are encouraged to add Strengthen The Church information to bulletins and newsletters. Associations, Congregations, and individuals are invited to give online or by check. Checks should be made payable to "SNEUCC" with "STC 2020" in the memo line and sent to either the Hartford or Framingham office. For more information, contact Emily McKenna.
Strengthen the Church Flyer in PDF format is available here. Add this to your church newsletter or bulletin.
Strengthen the Church Flyer in JPEG format is available here. Use this for posting on social media pages.
Strengthen the Church Letter from the Bridge Conference Ministers is available here.
Please give generously on May 31, Pentecost Sunday!
- Our Church's Wider Mission (Basic Support)
- Neighbors in Need
- The Christmas Fund
- One Great Hour of Sharing
- Strengthen the Church