Strengthen the Church
Strengthen the Church
Strengthen The Church is a special offering on September 18 to support these Discipleship ministries of the Southern New England Conference of the United Church of Christ:
- Center for Transformational Leadership
- Outdoor Ministries (including Silver Lake Camp and Retreat Center, Irons Homestead, and Edwards Retreat Center)
- Faith Formation Ministries
Making Disciples for the Church and for the World
Bring new life as agents of change!
Your gifts support these transformational ministries!
The Center for Transformational Leadership
Innovative Tools for Transformative Work
Your gifts equip our clergy, lay leaders, and congregations with the resources, tools, guidance, services, and support required for the innovative and transformative work of the church.
- Church Vitality Assessment
- ADAPT- Discerning Our Church's Future
- Conflict Transformation
- Clergy Communities of Practice
- Leadership Academy
- Training for Association Leaders
For more information about CTL programs and resources, please contact Transform@sneucc.org
SNEUCC Outdoor Ministries
Nurturing disciples at Silver Lake, Irons Homestead, and Edwards House Retreat Center
Your support nurtures disciples of all ages through SNE Outdoor Ministries. Lives are changed and faith is deepened through programs, camps, and retreats.
- Welcoming all God’s children to deepen faith, do justice in the world, and to encounter God’s love in creation at Silver Lake
- Building relationships through new collaborative opportunities for mission groups onsite at Irons Homestead
- Engaging with our UCC and the broader community to expand and deepen our connections at Edwards House
SNEUCC Faith Formation Ministries
Equipping Leaders and Congregations for Ministry in a New Day
Your contributions deepen discipleship initiatives for local church practitioners and laity.
- Expanding resources for worship and intergenerational ministry
- Nurturing faith in the home and community
- Helping youth grow in faith and explore vocation
80% of your gift will be put to work in Southern New England. 20% of your gift will support national ministries of the United Church of Christ.
Materials have been emailed to each church for distribution. Churches are encouraged to add Strengthen The Church information to bulletins and newsletters. Associations, Congregations, and individuals are invited to give online or by check. Checks should be made payable to "SNEUCC" with "STC 2022" in the memo line and sent to either the Hartford or Framingham office. Contact Elisa Wilson for more information.
Strengthen the Church Flyer in PDF format is available here. Add this to your church newsletter or bulletin.
Strengthen the Church Bulletin Insert (half sheet) is available here. Shareable social media posts can be found on the SNEUCC Facebook and Instagram pages, beginning on September 1
Strengthen the Church Letter from Rev. Darrell Goodwin, Executive Conference Minister and Rev. Dr. David Cleaver Bartholomew, Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations is available here.
Please give generously on Sunday, September 18!
Is your church 5 for 5?
- Our Church's Wider Mission (Basic Support)
- Neighbors in Need
- The Christmas Fund
- One Great Hour of Sharing
- Strengthen the Church