On this page:
Proportional Giving (PG) Webinar
September 17, 2020 at 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Proportional Giving (PG) is the new way of funding our common mission through the Southern New England Conference that is faithful, covenantal, aligned with our Conference’s mission and core commitments, and based on an understanding of generosity rooted in scripture. PG has replaced OCWM and Fellowship Dues; UCM; and Per Capita Contributions, as the new way we ask churches to give.
Please join us for this informational webinar for more clarity. Bring your questions!
Recordings of previous webinars related to Church Finances can be found here in our video library.
Stewardship Book Discussions
August 17 - Ask,Thank, Tell: Improving Stewardship Ministry in Your Congregation by Charles Lane.
Part One Video - Faith foundations: Moving from transactional giving to transformational giving. (Youtube) July 23
- Part One Slides - (PDF) to accompany webinar
Part Two Video - Inspiring Generosity: Moving from "Pay the bills" to "Live the vision." (Youtube) July 30
- Part Two Slides - (PDF) to accompany webinar
Part Three Video - Best practices from the non-profit world. (Youtube) August 6
- Part Three Slides - (PDF) to accompany webinar
- Additional Slides: Ways to Sabotage Stewardship Drives and what to do instead (PDF)
Part Four Video - Building a planned giving ministry in four "easy" steps. (Youtube) August 13
- Part Four Slides - (PDF) to accompany webinar
- Additional Document - Skit: Asking for Planned Giving
- Additional Document - Tips for Gift Solicitors
Churches are welcome to incorporate these videos into their own stewardship campaigns. Please notify Charlie Kuchenbrod if you do use them.
Why We Tithe
How I Have Been Changed by Tithing
What I Have Earned (Or Not)
- A Spirituality of Fundraising, by Henri J. M. Nouwen
- Kitchen Table Giving, by William G. Enright
- Not Your Parents’ Offering Plate, by J. Clif Christopher
- Whose Offering Plate Is It, by J. Clif Christopher
- Stewardship for Vital Congregations, by Anthony B. Robinson
- Ask, Thank, Tell, by Charles R. Lane
- Embracing Stewardship. How to put stewardship at the heart of your congregation’s life, by Charles R. Lane and Grace Duddy Pomroy
- The Steward: A Biblical Symbol Come of Age (Revised Ed.) by Douglas John Hall
All of these websites have good content, often going far beyond stewardship. They also offer free newsletters. Try browsing the websites and if you like what you see, sign up for the newsletter. There is a subscription link on each of the pages below, sometimes you have to scroll to find it.
- Lewis Center for Church Leadership – Leading Ideas
- Lake Institute on Faith and Giving – Insights
- Congregational Consulting Group – Perspectives
- Pinnacle Leadership Associates
- Northeast Ecumenical Stewardship Council – Living Waters
- Luther Seminary Center for Stewardship Leaders– Stewardship Resources
- Stewardship of Life Institute
- Writing a Personal Money Autobiography (from ECLA)
- Writing a Money Autobiography
- UCC Stewardship Resources
- UCC Good Stewardship Practices
- Borrow from other denominations! For example, these quotes from the Episcopal Network.
- Stewardship Resources on the Historic Massachusetts Conference website.