Strengthen The Church Offering Materials Available

Strengthen The Church Offering Materials Available

The Connecticut Conference has made available materials for collecting the Strengthen the Church offering.  This is one of the four special OCWM offerings of the United Church of Christ (along with One Great Hour of Sharing, Neighbors in Need and the Christmas Fund).  The Strengthen the Church offering has in the past been split between the national setting of the UCC (50%) and the Conference settings (50%).
In covenant with the UCC, your Conference Board of Directors has approved a change in how this offering will be received.  The offering for Strengthen the Church will now be centered around the ministries of impact in the following areas in the Connecticut Conference:
  • Silver Lake Conference Center
  • Youth and Young Adult Ministries
  • Faith Formation
The offering will be utilized in these three ministries to identify and affirm leaders, to nurture skills and build capacity for ministry, and to strengthen networking among our local churches in an interdependent spirit.
Ninety percent (90%) of this offering will be used to support these three areas of ministry.  The remaining 10% will be shared with the national settings Strengthen the Church initiatives.

Click the button above to support
Silver Lake Conference Center,
Youth and Young Adult, and
Faith Formation Ministries of the CT Conference.
This offering will be received on Pentecost Sunday, May 20, 2018.  We believe this is an appropriate time to receive this offering as we celebrate the birth of the church. 

Donations may also be made online here.

A color flyer is available for you to print and display. To place an order for free materials, multiple copies of this flyer and collection envelopes to solicit support from your congregation, please fill out the online order form. More information about Strengthen The Church and the ministries this offering support can be found at Any question should be directed to Charlie Kuchenbrod at
Subscribe to our emails
Massachusetts Office

1 Badger Road
Framingham, MA 01702

Connecticut Office

805 Old Main St.
Rocky Hill, CT 06067

Toll Free Phone: 866-367-2822
Fax: 866-367-0860
General Email: