The following is a message from the Community Engagement office of the Department of Homeland Security:
Dear Community Partners:
In the wake of the attack on the two mosques in New Zealand, the Department of Homeland Security, Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties (CRCL) is sharing a list of resources (see below), which may be useful for you and your community members. Please share this information with your networks of affiliated stakeholders.
While we are not aware of any current active threat domestically, and according to public news reports there is no obvious ties between the perpetrators in New Zealand and anyone in the US, CRCL is cognizant of the concerns of members of the Muslim-American communities as Friday’s congregational prayers will be taking place today.
Communities with concerns should contact their local law enforcement agency.
We will continue to remain in contact with you as the response to this tragedy continues. Thank you again for your continued partnership as we work together to keep our country safe from the threats we face.
Resources:DHS Community Engagement and Training Resources
- FEMA Management Institute - training resources website: www.training.fema.gov/EMI
- FEMA All-Hazards Emergency Operations Planning website: www.fema.gov/pdf/plan/slg101.pdf
- Comprehensive Preparedness Guide (CPG) 101 website: www.fema.gov/media-library-data/20130726-1828-25045-0014/cpg_101_comprehensive_preparedness_guide_developing_and_maintaining_emergency_operations_plans_2010.pdf
- Webinar: Law Enforcement Partnerships: creating stronger communities and safer houses of worship
- Webinar: Resources, Partners and Tips to Help Keep Your Office, House of Worship, or Community Center Safe. You can access many of the resources and information referenced in this webinar at www.fema.gov/faith-resources
- If you seeking information on the Non-Profit Security Grant you can find it here: www.fema.gov/nonprofit-security-grant-program
- FY 2017 Non-Profit Security Grant Program Presentation (Pre-recorded): https://icpd.adobeconnect.com/pfg0a8b8b1ni/ (25 minutes)
- Resources, Partners and Tips to help with your facility assessment (Pre-Recorded) Recording: https://icpd.adobeconnect.com/p157630bwgb4/ (30 minutes)
- Active Shooter Preparedness Resources, Partners and Tips (Pre-Recorded): https://icpd.adobeconnect.com/pc20tu8n0yjt/ (30 minutes)
- Community Preparedness Engagement Resources, Partners and Tips to (Pre-Recorded): https://icpd.adobeconnect.com/pcaxs60nrh12/ (30 minutes)
- Active Shooter Preparedness to include Conducting Security Assessments: A Guide for Schools and Houses of Worship Webinar: http://www.dhs.gov/active-shooter-preparedness
- If You See Something, Say Something™:
- Community Preparation through the Hometown Security program
- Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) - email to obtain a username and password which would allow access to several tools including a webinar entitled “The Evolving Threat: What You Can Do.”
- Contact: HSINCS@dhs.gov
- Website: http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/gc_1156888108137.shtm