The following is a message from Legislative Advocate Michele Mudrick:
We could use everyone’s help now. The casino and sports wagering bills are having a public hearing TOMORROW - Tuesday, Feb. 26. We need your help in speaking out on this bill! These are two things you can do - do both, or just one:
- Submit written testimony in opposition to casino expansion and sports wagering. You can email your testimony in Word or PDF format to PSTESTIMONY@CGA.CT.GOV, ideally by 10 AM on Tuesday, Feb. 26. Please also email your testimony to your State Rep and State Senator. (See below for sample testimony and other info)
- Attend the public hearing on Tuesday, Feb. 26, and read your testimony.
The Public Safety and Security Committee will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 10:00 A.M. in Room 1E of the Legislative Office Building. Sign-up for the hearing will begin 8:00 AM in Room 3650 of the LOB. If you are attending the hearing, Please submit 40 copies of written testimony to Committee staff at 8:00 AM in Room 3650 of the LOB. Speakers will be limited to three minutes of testimony.
These are the bills to be heard:
- Proposed S.B. No. 11 AN ACT CONCERNING THE AUTHORIZATION OF A CASINO GAMING FACILITY IN EAST WINDSOR. Here is the link to this bill.
- Proposed S.B. No. 17 AN ACT AUTHORIZING SPORTS WAGERING, INTERNET GAMBLING AND INTERNET KENO. Here is the link to this bill.
- Proposed S.B. No. 665 AN ACT CONCERNING SPORTS WAGERING. Here is the link to this bill:
- Proposed H.B. No. 7055 AN ACT CREATING THE CONNECTICUT GAMING COMMISSION AND CREATING A COMPETITIVE BIDDING PROCESS FOR A RESORT-CASINO. Here is the link to this bill:
Resources:The following documents are here in Word format so that you may copy and paste the wording for your own testimony:
Sample Template for Testimony
Ten Reasons to Oppose the Expansion of Casino Gambling in CT
More about the Coalition Against Casino Expansion
This information can also be found at: nomorecasinosinct.org/
For more information, Contact Michele Mudrick by email or at at 860-796-3822.