Five churches were recognized at Annual Meeting in celebration of their generous 2012 OCWM giving. These churches were the top per-member givers in the Conference.
Basic Support: The Second Church in Newton, UCC ($190.93 per member).
- Gifts to Basic Support benefit the full range of the United Church of Christ mission across the country and around the globe.
Neighbors in Need (NIN): United Congregational Church, UCC in Conway ($32.14 per member).
- Neighbors in Need (NIN) is a special mission offering of the UCC that supports ministries of justice and compassion throughout the United States. One-third of NIN funds support the Council for American Indian Ministry (CAIM). Two-thirds of the offering is used by the UCC's Justice and Witness Ministries(JWM) to support a variety of justice initiatives, advocacy efforts, and direct service projects through grants.
One Great Hour of Sharing (OGHS): First Congregational Church of Truro ($35.71 per member).
- Through One Great Hour of Sharing, United Church of Christ members reach out in the name of Christ to build sustainable communities, respond to disaster and minister to refugees.
Strengthen the Church: Mashpee Congregational, UCC ($5.23 per member).
- Strengthen the Church supports new church starts and invigorates existing congregations, nurtures lay and pastoral leadership, builds youth and young adult ministries, and supports the God is Still Speaking Ministry and its extravagant welcome for all within the United Church of Christ.
Christmas Fund: First Congregational Church of Rockport ($13.89 per member).
- This fund provides financial aid to retired and active ministers and their surviving spouses and children who face overwhelming financial demands, a ministry carried out by the Pension Boards.
Congratulations to these generous congregations!