Strengthen the Church Offering on September 18

Strengthen the Church Offering on September 18

Southern New England Conference congregations are invited to participate in a special offering to Strengthen the Church on Sunday, September 18.

Like last year, the Strengthen the Church offering will be used to fund three ministry areas: our Center for Transformational Leadership (CTL), Faith Formation Ministries, and Outdoor Ministries, including Silver Lake Camp and Retreat Center. These ministries reflect the four pillars of the Southern New England Conference vision: Make Disciples of Jesus, Make God's Love and Justice Real, Bring New Life as Agents of Change, and Form Covenant Partnerships.

“Please know that your generosity supports programs which have lasting impact,” said Karen Ziel, Acting Director of The Center for Transformational Leadership.  “CTL has designed a process to shepherd our congregations seeking transformation to discern a path toward a sustainable future. ADAPT (Assess, Discern, Align, Plan, and Transform) will be piloted in the fall of 2022!”

In addition, Strengthen the Church donations will not only help your Faith Formation team nurture and equip leaders for changing times, but also enable our Outdoor Ministry programs to give children and youth the opportunity to experience God in nature and create beloved community.

David Cleaver Bartholomew, SNEUCC Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations provides some details for the offering: “The Southern New England Conference will retain 80% of this year’s Strengthen the Church offering and the other 20% will be used to support ministries in the national setting as a way to honor our covenantal partnership with the wider church.”

“As we begin to emerge from this time of unprecedented challenge and change, the need to strengthen our churches for the sake of the world is greater than ever. The Southern New England Conference is responding to your expressed needs for reliable, innovative resources that assist you to do prophetic, relevant, and transformative work-- in our churches, our communities, and our world. Your gift to Strengthen the Church makes this possible,” asserted Rev. Darrell Goodwin, Executive Conference Minister for SNEUCC.

Churches which make their Proportional Giving contributions and also participate in all four other special offerings (Strengthen the Church, One Great Hour of Sharing, Neighbors In Need, and the Christmas Fund) are recognized as “5 for 5” churches.

For more information about contributing to the Strengthen the Church offering, click on the links below or contact Elisa Wilson. 
More information
Appeal Letter from Rev. Darrell Goodwin and Rev. David Cleaver Bartholomew
Flyer for Download
Printable bulletin insert (half page)

Two ways to make donations:
• Give online at Strengthen The Church  
• Give by check payable to the SNEUCC with "STC 2022" in the memo line.
Checks can be mailed to either the Hartford or Framingham office:
125 Sherman St.
Hartford, CT 06105
1 Badger Road
Framingham, MA 01702


debby kirk.jpg
Debby D. Kirk

Debby Kirk serves as leader of the staff team that provides resources for the work of nurturing disciples of all ages in the local church. Her area of focus is youth ministry. Contact her for:  Faith Formation Communities of Practice Confirmation ...

Subscribe to our emails
Framingham, MA Office

1 Badger Road
Framingham, MA 01702

Hartford, CT Office

125 Sherman Street
Hartford, CT 06105

Toll Free Phone: 866-367-2822
Fax: 866-367-0860
General Email: