The 216th Annual Meeting of the Massachusetts Conference, held June 12 - 13 at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, took the following actions:
- Approved the resolution Dismantling Discriminatory Systems of Mass Incarceration in Massachusetts with a minor revision. Read the resolution as it was approved here..
- Endorsed a resolution which is being brought to the national General Synod later this month entitled A Call for the United Church of Christ to Take Actions Toward a Just Peace in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict. Read more here.
- Agreed to take up a late resolution, a Resolution of Witness Condemning Violence Committed in the Name of Religion, and approved it with some minor revisions. Read the final version here.
- Authorized the Board of Directors to sell, or lease to sell, two Conference-owned properties at the Craigville Retreat Center on Cape Cod. The Conference Board had previously voted to give up management of the retreat facility, which is owned by the Christian Camp Meeting Association. Read more here.
- Approved revised clergy compensation guidelines, which can be found here.
- Approved a Conference budget of $2,270,850, which includes a transfer of $50,000 from operating reserves.