Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Team
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Team
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team within the Southern New England Conference works to advance our call to “live the love and justice of Jesus.” This work plan is grounded in the established commitments of our three historic Conferences and our aspirational priorities as a new Conference.
Our efforts are manifested through partnership with the conference organization and its 26 associations, 615 congregations, 120,000 members, and the wider United Church of Christ. We also understand that we are stronger and more effective when we engage in ecumenical and interfaith collaborations and build alliances among the nonprofit, philanthropic, governmental, and corporate sectors, as well as other individuals with whom we identify shared goals.
|James Ross (he-him)|
Rev. James Ross II
The Rev. Ross leads the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team. He also provides support and leadership within the Conference, our churches, other settings of the United Church of Christ, and the communities where we live, worship and work to identify, confront, address, and bring justice in the places structural harm has taken place.
In addition, Rev. Ross works directly on initiatives and programs related to racial justice and LGBTQIA justice. He is available to provide trainings, individual consultations, and other engagement.
| Emma Brewer-Wallin
Minister for Environmental and Economic Justice
Email: email@example.com Phone:
Emma supports congregations in making God’s love real through engagement in environmental and economic justice.
Contact her for:
- Support engaging environmental and economic justice in your congregation’s life of faith, including (but not limited to!) worship, bible study, and mission.
- Getting involved in the Conference’s shared efforts toward economic and environmental justice..
|Deborah Ringen (she-her)|
Minister of Health & Wellness
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 805-216-5809
Debbie Ringen supports the Conference vision to make God’s love and justice real through wellness ministry at the Conference and local church level. In addition to providing resources, educational workshops, blogs and networking opportunities, she is available to speak with churches about health and wellness programs to support healthy individuals, congregations and communities. Resources on various health related topics can be found on the SNEUCC Health Ministry webpage. Contact her for:
- Questions related to health and wellness
- Information and resources to begin or grow health and wellness ministry programs
- Learn more about Faith Community Nursing
“Health is harmony with oneself, others, the environment and God. Our faith is part of what makes us whole, so we must care for the whole person - mind, body and spirit through the journey of life.”
|Michele Mudrick (she-her)|
Email: email@example.com Phone: 860-796-3822 (cell)
Michele works part-time on justice initiatives at our state Capitols, with SNEUCC churches and task teams, many civic organizations and other faith denominations. Contact her if:
- You want find out who your legislators are.
- You want to learn more about Legislative Advocacy such as how to meet with your legislators, how to track bills, and how to write testimony for bills or testify in person for bills.
- You want to get updates on justice initiatives, and to be notified when we need support in contacting legislators or writing a testimony for a bill. If you’d like to get updates, please sign up for either the CT, MA or RI Advocacy Corps by subscribing here. Michele promises to only email you a few times per legislative session.
Besides a passion for justice, Michele has a passion for backpacking around the world and has visited all 7 continents and over 60 countries.
|Karen Methot (she-her)|
Program Support Associate
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone:
Karen Methot communicates with congregations, pastors, and lay leaders around justice issues via email, website, and social media, and serves as staff liaison to nine justice task teams. Contact her to:
- Request support for your church when going through ONA process
- Inquire about racial justice trainings or resources
- Connect with a task team
- Arrange for Rev. James Ross to preach
- Submit an article for Ever Flowing Streams, which Karen edits
Connect with Us
Visit the Justice & Witness section of the website