Providing education, quality health care, orphan relief, spiritual support and community-based services for the people of Haiti for 30 years.
Our Story and Our Ministries
Help Us Raise Funds for Eggs
Be a student or school sponsor
Join a Mission Trip
|Rev. Dr. H. Daehler Hayes (right) on one of his many trips to Haiti|
The Haiti Task Force was founded in the historic Rhode Island Conference of the United Church of Christ 30 years ago when the late Rev. Dr. H. Daehler Hayes, Conference Minister at the time, partnered with the Rev. Jean Dorisca, the founder of the Mission Evangelique Baptiste Bethesda (MEBB) churches. Numerous groups have traveled to Haiti since 1990 and the Task Force continues today more dedicated than ever to its Mission --Providing education, quality health care, orphan relief, spiritual support and community-based services for the people of Haiti. We do this through student and school sponsorship's, financial support for a medical clinic, sustained friendship and joint advocacy for positive change.
Over the years the Task Force has:
- Built two multipurpose buildings to house schools and a clinic;
- Helped build two churches and repair others damaged by the 2010 earthquake;
- Provided financial support to the clinic in Port-au-Prince that serves between 400 and 700 patients a month;
- Sponsored individual children and schools that provide education to over 600 students;
- Worked with our Haitian partners to build school desks and benches, paint schools and orphanages, install two metal roofs and pour concrete flooring for a home and orphanage;
- Provided tuition assistance for over 30 young adults to attend professional and technical schools;
- Provided over 2000 children in schools and orphanages with high-quality protein in the form of an Egg a Day.
- Funded the installation of wells in seven communities bringing fresh water to over 1000 people in each community;
- Provided funding to improve the lives of the tiniest of Haiti’s needy – the orphans.
- Built a nursery and bathroom; Provided bunk beds, mattresses, a generator, and a solar hot water system
- Brought a child to RI for brain surgery that could not be performed in Haiti; and a young man to Massachusetts for bi-lateral knee replacement.
Through all of this we have fostered a strong fellowship that brings the people of Haiti together with their Southern New England brothers and sisters in the truest meaning of loving one another.