Rev. Carol Steinbrecher is the Area Conference Minister for the North Central Region. For fun, she writes, quilts, plays Scrabble, and, of course, ends each day with Wordle!
Scripture: Exodus 33:11 (NRSV)
Thus the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Then he would return to the camp; but his young assistant, Joshua son of Nun, would not leave the tent.
Reflection: What Does God Look Like?
Creator God, open our hearts that we might truly resemble you in spirit, reflecting your love and light into the lives of all around us.
New Prayer Requests:
We ask churches and church leaders to join us in the following prayers either by sharing them during worship, printing them in bulletins, or sharing them in some other way. To make a prayer request, please contact Marlene Gasdia-Cochrane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prayers of Intercession:
- For the people of Ukraine whose lives continue to be shattered by war, as well as the many landscapes that are currently embroiled in conflicts.
- For those grieving or suffering due to the ~30,600 gun violence deaths that happened in the US since the start of the year.
- For those suffering from the recent wildfires, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes.
Prayers of Joy and Thanksgiving:
- For available ways to reduce pollution and live out our first calling as Christians: to care for God’s creation (like going solar).
- For Faith Formation staff.
- For seeing God’s face and love in all of us.
This Week in History:
September 22, 1862 (161 years ago): President Abraham Lincoln issues a preliminary Emancipation Proclamation, which sets a date for the freedom of more than 3 million enslaved in the United States and recasts the Civil War as a fight against slavery. [History]
“Study the past if you would define the future.”
Rev. Carol Steinbrecher supports and resources clergy, congregations, and associations of the North Central region in their efforts to live the love and justice of Jesus in their locale.