Patti MacLennan is a member of the Pilgrim Church of Duxbury UCC. She recently retired as an elementary educator and is currently a Member In Discernment in the Southern New England Conference.
Scripture: Jeremiah 20:13 (NRSV)
Sing to the Lord;
praise the Lord!
For he has delivered the life of the needy
from the hands of evildoers
Reflection: Life Is Crazy Good
Dearest Lord, we say thank you for each and every day. Keep our eyes and ears open to embrace all that surrounds us. Help us to remember that Life is crazy good! Amen
New Prayer Requests:
We ask churches and church leaders to join us in the following prayers either by sharing them during worship, printing them in bulletins, or sharing them in some other way. To make a prayer request, please contact Marlene Gasdia-Cochrane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prayers of Intercession:
- For the people of Ukraine whose lives continue to be shattered by war, as well as the many landscapes that are currently embroiled in conflicts
- For those grieving or suffering due to the ~19,500 gun violence deaths that happened in the US since the start of the year
- For those experiencing rough and crazy days
Prayers of Joy and Thanksgiving:
- For Kid’s Church and other programs bridging young families to church
- For faith formation leaders
- For chirping birds, waking up, food to eat, a roof over our heads, and crazy good days
This Week in History:
June 19, 1865 (158 years ago): In what is now known as Juneteenth, Union soldiers arrive in Galveston, Texas with news that the Civil War is over and slavery in the United States is abolished. [History]
“Study the past if you would define the future.”