Rev. Marilyn Wilcox joyfully serves as pastor of the United Church of Clinton, MA, is partnered with her husband Michael, has four grown children (Jess, Jared, Nate, and Dustin), enjoys creating mandalas, has been known as a Star Trek fan, and has a cat named Iris.
Scripture: Matthew 9:35-38 (NRSV)
Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and curing every disease and every sickness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to the disciples, ‘The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore ask the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.
Reflection: The Need for Shepherding
Prayer: Guide us, shape us, and lead us, O God, that we may transform lives around us. Amen
New Prayer Requests:
We ask churches and church leaders to join us in the following prayers either by sharing them during worship, printing them in bulletins, or sharing them in some other way. To make a prayer request, please contact Marlene Gasdia-Cochrane at email@example.com.
Prayers of Intercession:
- For the people of Ukraine whose lives continue to be shattered by war, as well as the many landscapes that are currently embroiled in conflicts
- For those grieving or suffering due to the ~18,500 gun violence deaths that happened in the US since the start of the year
- For the members of the First Congregational Church in Spencer, which suffered a devastating fire.
- For the friends and family of The Rev. Robert L. Morgan who passed away on June 1, 2023. After serving churches in Ohio and as a United States Army Chaplain in Korea, Bob served as a chaplain at Yale New Haven Hospital for 28 years, retiring as the Director of the Spiritual Care Department.
Prayers of Joy and Thanksgiving:
- For those who give from loyalty or for transformation
- For the abundance of response, prayers, offers to help, and offers of space in response to the Spencer church fire.
- For God’s collective people working together to bring about things full of the Spirit
This Week in History:
June 16, 1858 (165 years ago): Abraham Lincoln warns that America is becoming a “house divided” and that the nation faces a crisis that could destroy the Union. [History]
“Study the past if you would define the future.”
Rev. Marilyn Wilcox joyfully serves as pastor of the United Church of Clinton, MA, is partnered with her husband Michael, has four grown children (Jess, Jared, Nate, and Dustin), enjoys creating mandalas, has been known as a Star Trek fan, and has a ...