Calling all Writers
We are looking to schedule the authors for the 2023 Starting With Scripture devotional.
If you are a previous author and want to continue writing or if you would like to participate for the first time, please email me at email@example.com for access to the schedule and available dates.
Starting with Scripture details:
- The Starting With Scripture Devotional is a 500-700 word reflection on the published common lectionary text or another topic of the author's choice.
- In addition, the author is asked to include a prayer, a 1-line bio, and a photo.
- The piece is published weekly on Mondays prior to the scheduled lectionary text and includes other prayers requested by our readers and staff for churches to share.
- This devotional is currently published through an email subscriber list and posted to the SNE Conference website.
- Devotions are due 4 weeks before the publication date. Authors will receive reminders if due date is missed.
Examples of the publication can be viewed at https://www.sneucc.org/devotionals
This newsletter was originally founded and edited by Drew Page, and I would like to ensure it continues for many years to come. I appreciate your prayerful consideration and welcome all who want to help contribute to Drew's legacy.
Please let me know if you wish to participate as a devotional author.
Marlene Gasdia-Cochrane writes news articles for the SNEUCC website. She is also the editor of the Starting With Scripture newsletter. Contact her if: Your church has a great story to tell about an innovative ministry. You have a prayer request to ...