Rev. Fran Bogle, D. MIN coordinates the Just Peace Players Liturgical Drama Troupe, is a community chaplain, and a member of Edwards Church, UCC in Framingham, MA.
Scripture: Micah 6:8 (NRSV)
He has told you, O mortal, what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?
Reflection: Starting, Ending, Remembering, and Continuing
Holy Hope Holder, fill us with courage and strength as we work for justice every day. Amen
New Prayer Requests:
We ask churches and church leaders to join us in the following prayers either by sharing them during worship, printing them in bulletins, or sharing them in some other way. To make a prayer request, please contact Marlene Gasdia-Cochrane at email@example.com.
Prayers of Intercession:
- For the people of Ukraine whose lives continue to be shattered by war
- For those grieving or suffering due to the over 28,400 gun violence deaths in the US this year
- For the laborers who are overworked and underpaid
Prayers of Joy and Thanksgiving:
- For the laborers who continue to show up
- For the many who are working for justice for all
This Week in History:
August 30, 1967 (55 years ago): Thurgood Marshall becomes the first African American to be confirmed as a Supreme Court justice. He spent 24 years on the court, leaving a legacy of upholding the rights of the individual — particularly minorities — as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. [History]
“Study the past if you would define the future.”