Top Things We Think You Should Know:
In this resource, Health and Wellness Minister Debbie Ringen writes: "We hold tightly to the promise of the time when we will be able to freely gather, converse, hug, and fully participate in gathering for worship and faith filled community with one another....
"The answer to the question of resuming in-person worship is that it will take time, patience and careful consideration of all of the variables in each local community to re-open safely and prevent resurgence of the coronavirus and its variants."
COVID-19 2021 Update: Seeds of Hope (Video 2/11/21)
Rev. Darrell Goodwin, Executive Conference Minister, and the Health & Wellness Team present the first in a series of discussions: COVID-19 2021 Update: Seeds of HOPE. Panelists include:
- Deborah Ringen MSN, RN-BC Minister for Health and Wellness, SNEUCC
- Peggy Matteson Ph.D., FCN Minister of Congregational Health, RI
- Kathleen Zagata RN, MSN Health and Wellness Minister First Congregational Church Winchester, MA
- Rev. Saramaria Allenby
- Rev. Lee Ireland
Vaccine information on your state Corononavirus pages:
Where Two or More Are Vaccinated: Advice for Churches in 2021 Daniel P. Chin, Christianity Today
"Fauci Urges Vaccinations to Stop New Virus Strains - Viruses Cannot Mutate if They Don't Replicate" CNN Newsource, February 8, 2021 retrieved Feb. 16, 2021
Reflection: The Inside Story of a Nurse Vaccinator by Deborah Ringen, Health and Wellness Minister
COVID-19 Indoor Air Quality: Best Practices for Houses of Worship (3/10/21) Video from Mass. Interfaith Power & Light. Curt Freedman, Professional Engineer and adjunct professor at Western New England University provides an overview of the factors houses of worship should consider as they plan to resume in-person worship. How to calculate capacity of the sanctuary, improving ventilation, use of filters and air purifiers and other topics.
The current phases of re-opening can be found on your state coronavirus pages:
Does Your Church Have a Plan? The Insurance Board
Coronavirus Response Resource Pages
This is an ever changing document of resources, advice and prayers. In it you will see the hope we share in Jesus. Thank you for making this possible with your gifts.
- Phasing Forward
- Finances, CARES and PPP Loans, UCC Insurance Info, & Conducting Business
- Outreach Ideas and Resources
- Pastoral Care, Self-Care, Mental Health Resources
- Resources for Ministry with Children, Youth and Families
- Worship & Nurturing Community Online
- Grief Resources, and a Page for Remembering Loved Ones
On this page:
- New Resources for 2021
- COVID-19 Physical Health Updates
- The Big Picture: What Does this Mean for the Future of the Church?
Covid19 Health Updates
Racism in the Time of COVID-19 by Zinzi Bailey, Sharrelle Barber, Whitney Robinson, Jaime Slaughter-Acey, Chandra Ford, Shawnita Sealy-Jefferson
Transition or Transformation? David Cleaver-Bartholomew writes: I frequently hear people express their strong desire for us to transition out of this pandemic and return to basically what life was before it struck. While I completely understand this, I humbly disagree. March 27
Coronavirus: The good that can come out of an upside-down world BBC article to help think about church on the other side of the pandemic. March 30
- Crisis Can Help Us Reorient What We Prize Sojourners article by former MACUCC Conference Minister Jim Antal, the UCC's Special advisor on Climate Justice. March 26