Recommended Continuing Education Programs for Faith Formation Leaders
*These programs are particularly recommended for SNEUCC Certified Educators.
Online programs that include Christian education courses
Offered through Southwestern College in Winfield, KS, a United Methodist institution that includes Christian education courses.
A progressively Christian program that utilizes the UCC's Marks of Faithful and Effective Ministers as a part of its course competencies. Offers a Christian education course entitled, Lifelong Christian Faith Formation alongside other courses for local church ministry.
Online programs that focus on local church ministry
(some may include Christian education courses)
Maine School of Ministry
A ministry of the Maine Conference United Church of Christ that offers courses for local church ministry.
New York School of Ministry
A ministry of the New York Conference United Church of Christ that features real time webconferenced courses for local church ministry.
A pastoral formation venture in service of the belief that the Church is best served by cultivating Christian leaders grounded in practical, adaptive, and transformational leadership skills. Through employing the gifts of vibrant local churches and their pastors, we work at the intersections of the progressive Church to raise up Christian ministers.
Pathways to Learning and Leadership
Offered through Union Presbyterian Seminary in Richmond, VA, courses are specifically designed for Presbyterian church members.
Southern New England Seminary Courses
- Andover Newton Seminary at Yale Divinity School, an historic seminary in the congregational traditions, New Haven, CT
- Boston College School of Theology and Ministry, a Jesuit theology school in Chestnut Hill, MA
- Boston University School of Theology, a Methodist theology school in Boston, MA
- Episcopal Divinity School at Union, an episcopal divinity school in Cambridge, MA
- Harvard Divinity School, a non-denominational divinity school in Cambridge, MA
- Hartford Seminary, a non-denominational graduate school in Hartford, CT
- Yale Divinity School, New Haven, CT
Opening Doors to Discipleship (from the Presbyterian Church USA)
Course A (Teaching Skills), Course B (Bible Background), and Course D (Discipleship) provide a well-rounded overview of each area in 12-sessions each.
Webinars for Enrichment
Practical Resources for Churches
Provides live and recorded webinars at no cost to SNEUCC congregations.
Vibrant Faith Master Classes
Explore themes and issues central to transforming the way we envision and design faith formation for all ages and generations in the 21st century.
for Faithful and Effective Christian Educators and Youth Ministry Leaders
from the Association of United Church Educators