Recommended Continuing Education Programs for Faith Formation Leaders
*These programs are particularly recommended for SNEUCC Certified Educators.
Master of Arts in Christian Education & Formation
Princeton Theological Seminary
Designed to prepare students for the ministry of education and formation in congregational and institutional settings, and to provide training for teaching the Christian religion in church or secular schools. A Certificate in Youth and Theology is offered, as well as graduate degree programs.
Union Presbyterian Seminary
Designed to prepare student to become a professional educator in Christian congregations or other educational settings.
Online programs that include Christian education courses
Offered through Southwestern College in Winfield, KS, a United Methodist institution that includes Christian education courses.
A progressively Christian program that utilizes the UCC's Marks of Faithful and Effective Ministers as a part of its course competencies. Offers a Christian education course entitled, Lifelong Christian Faith Formation alongside other courses for local church ministry.
Online programs that focus on local church ministry
(some may include Christian education courses)
Maine School of Ministry
A ministry of the Maine Conference United Church of Christ that offers courses for local church ministry.
New York School of Ministry
A ministry of the New York Conference United Church of Christ that features real time webconferenced courses for local church ministry.
Pathways to Learning and Leadership
Offered through Union Presbyterian Seminary in Richmond, VA, courses are specifically designed for Presbyterian church members.
Opening Doors to Discipleship from the Association of Partners in Christian Education (APCE)
Learning modules for those who are called to teach, those who want to learn more about the Bible and the way of Christ, and those called to serve as leaders and mentors in faith formation ministries.
- Children's Faith Formation
- Adolescent Faith Formation
- Young Adult Faith Formation
- Adult Faith Formation
- Family Faith Formation
- Intergenerational Faith Formation
- Milestones Faith Formation
- Community & Relationships
- Faith Formation Pathways
- Faith Formation Playlists
- Hybrid Faith Formation Design
- Lifelong Faith Formation Models
- Organization & Planning
- Implementing a Plan
Webinars for Enrichment
Practical Resources for Churches
Provides live and recorded webinars at no cost to SNEUCC congregations.
Vibrant Faith Master Classes
Explore themes and issues central to transforming the way we envision and design faith formation for all ages and generations in the 21st century.
Southern New England Seminary Courses
- Andover Newton Seminary at Yale Divinity School, an historic seminary in the congregational traditions, New Haven, CT
- Boston College School of Theology and Ministry, a Jesuit theology school in Chestnut Hill, MA
- Boston University School of Theology, a Methodist theology school in Boston, MA
- Episcopal Divinity School at Union, an episcopal divinity school in Cambridge, MA
- Harvard Divinity School, a non-denominational divinity school in Cambridge, MA
- Hartford Seminary, a non-denominational graduate school in Hartford, CT
- Yale Divinity School, New Haven, CT
Institutions That Offer UCC History/Polity Courses
for Faithful and Effective Christian Educators and Youth Ministry Leaders
from the Association of United Church Educators