Youth Group Coordinator
Central Congregational Church seeks a Middle School Youth Group Leader. Responsibilities include leading Middle School Sunday School class and providing 2-3 additional opportunities each month for Middle School Youth. These include youth events that focus on relationship building and faith formation and community service events that involve the larger church. Reports to the Pastor and Christian Education Committee.
- Understanding of Christian beliefs and practices within the tradition of mainline Protestantism and/or progressive Christianity
- Experience in an educational setting and/or work with youth
- Administrative skills including record keeping, volunteer supervision, and event planning
- Communication skills including public speaking, writing, and social media
- Ability to relate to adults and children of all ages
- Building relationships among the youth to create a sense of community
- Recruiting and supporting other adult leaders
- Developing youth leadership in planning monthly activities
- Engaging youth in activities of the congregation, particularly community service
- Communicating and coordinating with the congregation, church staff, Sunday School Coordinator and Christian Education Committee
Maturity, discretion, flexibility, a commitment to the ministry of the church and a sense of humor are requirements for all staff. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and able to work independently and collaboratively. Sunday morning is a required workday and work on religious holidays is expected.
The position is expected to require 5-8 hours per week and is paid at an hourly rate of $16-$20, depending upon experience. Reports to the pastor and Christian Education committee.
This Christian Education position will be hired for a two-year term while Central Congregational Church evaluates and redesigns its Christian Education work. Christian Education staff will be actively involved in the evaluation and design process.
Location: Central Congregational Church
Contact: Laura Mack
Address: 14 Titcomb Street PO Box 372 Newburyport MA 01950