Youth and Community Outreach Minister
Payson Park Congregational Church is seeking a faithful, enthusiastic, and dynamic individual to serve as our Youth and Community Outreach Minister. The part-time YCOM job has been 20 hours/week, but we are open to making it anywhere as low as 14 hours/week depending on the candidate’s needs. This position will
- Help lead faith formation for our youth and children of all ages, and
- Connect our youth in outreach to our neighbors in need.
Responsibilities include (starting at 14 hours/week):
- Leading teens in God’s Garden, starting right after the sermon. (7)
- Assisting CED in helping develop Christian Education for all ages. (1)
- Leading teens, and interested adults, in service and outreach projects, retreats. (1.5)
- Connecting the congregation to service and outreach organizations and events. (1)
- Being present every Sunday during the academic school year or finding coverage when necessary.
- Assisting in leading worship on Sunday. (1.5)
- Attending staff and Christian Education meetings. (1)
Additional Responsibilities for added hours:
- Leading First Fridays for younger children of our community. (0.5)
- Preaching on a regular basis, once every 4 to 6 weeks. (2)
- Attending Thursday morning Bible Study (2)
- Attending Council, Deacon’s and Missions & Outreach meetings. (1.5)
Our Youth and Community Outreach Minister will relate with our Christian Education committee, collaborate with the Christian Education Director, and be supervised by the lead Pastor. Our YCOM will receive three vacation weeks per year, and will be encouraged to be flexible, taking time off in weeks of low programming in compensation for weeks of high programming.
Qualified applicants will have:
- College-level coursework in religious studies and theology
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with youth and families
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong planning skills
- Passion for learning and teaching
- Ability to nurture and mentor youth
- Ability to work effectively with technology, e.g. Zoom, blended virtual & in-person settings.
- Ability to work effectively with church staff
- Strong communication skills
Location: Payson Park Church UCC
Contact: Eric Wefald
Address: 365 Belmont Street Belmont MA 02478