First Congregational Church in Stoneham, MA
Sunday School Coordinator
The First Congregational Church in Stoneham, MA, an Open and Affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ, has an opening for the position of Sunday School Coordinator. Job requirements/expectations:
- plan for the coming program year before school starts (i.e. starting in mid-August)
- coordinate Sunday School registration forms and oversee Rally Sunday (second Sunday of September)
- prepare class rosters of children
- work with CE Board and pastor to select curriculum
- collaborate with pastor in leading Children’s Time during worship services
- meet with teachers to provide materials and curriculum
- facilitate online and/or hybrid educational activities as needed
- organize and oversee one-room schoolhouse program during summer months
- follow up with new families to welcome them, inform pastor of their presence
- order and re-stock Sunday School supplies
- maintain bulletin boards near classrooms
- keep CE closet, CE office, and CORIs up to date
- coordinate crafts and activities for children at seasonal church events
- organize fall and spring mission activities
- write monthly Sunday School update for the church newsletter
- oversee implementation of the church’s Safe Church policies for CE activities
- communicate regularly with pastor to coordinate worship, Sunday School, and liturgical season activities for the children, update pastor on children and families
- attend training sessions as recommended by pastor or CE
This person should be a person of commitment to the Christian faith who has a passion for children and their religious education. A thorough knowledge of the Bible is not required, but we do ask for a willingness to learn right along with the children! This person must be well organized, have basic computer skills, and possess gifts of leadership, enthusiasm, and service.
The hours required will vary from week to week, but 4-5 hours is the average. This position necessitates that the Coordinator be present at church each week that there is Sunday School. The CE committee will also consider co-coordinators.
This position reports to the Christian Education (CE) Committee. It has a yearly stipend of $3,183.
Please submit a letter of interest to email@example.com or the First Church of Stoneham, attn: Sunday School Coordinator Job Search, 1 Church Street, Stoneham, MA 02180.
Location: The First Congregational Church in Stoneham
Contact: Rev. Ken McGarry
Address: 1 Church Street Stoneham MA 02180
Email: Click to email
Attached file(s): view file