TITLE: Program Support Associate – Justice & Witness
REPORTS TO: Minister for Racial and Relational Justice Team Leader
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Support Associate provides clerical support for day-to day operations of the Justice and Witness Team, maintains files and data, manages the events/workshop calendar, and coordinates any event updates.
The Program Support Associate serves the God we know in Jesus Christ through the United Church of Christ by providing an environment and a culture that embodies the 4-part vision of the Southern New England Conference to: Make disciples of Jesus Christ; Make God’s love and justice real; Bring new life as agents of change; and form covenant partnerships, with an emphasis on making God’s love and justice real and especially as it relates to how colleague interactions take place. The position should be conducted in a way that reflects God’s love onto all with whom this person has contact.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provides logistics for Justice events including locating and securing sites, and arranging for any food needed for participants
- Assures that office supplies needed for Justice events are stocked and organized
- Maintains files/data related to workshop attendees and completed workshops, especially as it relates to fulfilling of clergy requirement
- Maintains Justice events/workshops calendar, both internal and external. Including registration and follow through communication.
- Creates flyers and certificates
- Mails Certificates of completion to recipients
- Coordinates website updates concerning Justice events
- Provides intake from churches and individuals seeking workshops and resources
- Creates regular Justice & Witness Newsletter
- Coordinates and serves as liaison to others within the Conference.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED equivalent required
- At least two years of clerical or administrative experience preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suit
BENEFITS: This part time job is not eligible for health benefits.
Sabbatical / Professional Development: Support Staff Tier
Internal Candidates: Submit cover letter & resume or profile, attention Marilyn Kendrix, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
External Candidates: Submit cover letter & resume or profile, attention Sioux Wilusz to email@example.com.
CLOSING: October 6, 2020
EEOC POLICY: The Conference provides equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion (except insofar as ordination or religious background may be a qualification for a position), sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, or any other class or status protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including prospective employment and the application and interview process, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.