TITLE: Program Support Associate - Innovation
REPORTS TO: Innovation Team Leader for Vision and Adaptive Leadership Development
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Programs Support Associate for the Innovation team provides support of day-to-day operations of the Innovation Team. This position provides event coordination and communication to all participants of events as well as maintains administrative and clerical duties associated with workshops or events.
The Administrative Support Associate serves the God we know in Jesus Christ through the United Church of Christ by providing an environment and a culture that embodies the 4-part vision of the Southern New England Conference to: Make disciples of Jesus Christ; Make God’s love and justice real; Bring new life as agents of change; and form covenant partnerships, with an emphasis on bringing new life as agents of change especially as it relates to how colleague interactions take place. The position should be conducted in a way that reflects God’s love onto all with whom this person has contact.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provides logistics for Innovation events including locating and securing sites, and arranging for any food needed for participants
- Assures that office supplies needed for Innovation team members and events are stocked and organized
- Maintains files/data related to workshop attendees and completed workshops
- Maintains Innovation events/workshops calendar, both internal and external.
- Provides registration of participants and follow through communication with them.
- Creates flyers and certificates
- Mails Certificates of completion to recipients, as appropriate
- Coordinates website updates concerning Innovation events
- Provides intake from churches and individuals seeking help with new ways of doing worship, being church and leading in transformative change
- Works with Innovation Team around communication – newsletters, website, content, social media
- Provides coordination and serves as liaison to others within the Conference.
- Seeks out stories of innovative worship / church to use in Conference media
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED equivalent required
- At least two years of clerical or administrative experience preferred
- Srong communication and interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
SALARY: $ 15,000 - $21,000 depending on relevant credentials and experience.
BENEFITS: This part time job is not eligible for health benefits.
Sabbatical / Professional Development: Support Staff Tier
Internal Candidates: Submit cover letter & resume or profile, attention Marilyn Kendrix, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
External Candidates: Submit cover letter & resume or profile, attention Sioux Wilusz to email@example.com.
CLOSING: October 6, 2020
EEOC POLICY: The Conference provides equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion (except insofar as ordination or religious background may be a qualification for a position), sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, or any other class or status protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including prospective employment and the application and interview process, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.