TITLE: Program Support Associate - Discipleship
REPORTS TO: Faith Formation Team Leader
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Support Associate - Discipleship supports the day-to day operation of the Discipleship Team. This position provides general administrative support as needed, as well as arranges logistics for Discipleship events. This staff member embodies the vision of the Conference in all interpersonal interactions with co-workers and visitors as they complete their assigned duties.
The Program Support Associate - Discipleship serves the God we know in Jesus Christ through the United Church of Christ by providing an environment and a culture that embodies the 4-part vision of the Southern New England Conference to: Make disciples of Jesus Christ; Make God’s love and justice real; Bring new life as agents of change; and form covenant partnerships with an emphasis on making disciples of Jesus, especially as it relates to how colleague interactions take place. The position should be conducted in a way that reflects God’s love onto all with whom this person has contact.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provides logistics for Discipleship events including locating and securing sites, arranging for any food needed for participants
- Assures that office supplies needed for Discipleship events are stocked and organized
- Maintains files/data related to workshop attendees and completed workshops
- Maintains Discipleship events / workshops calendar, both internal and external. Including registration and follow up communication.
- Creatives flyers and certificates
- Mails certificates of completion to recipients, as appropriate
- Coordinates website updates concerning Discipleship events
- Provides intake from churches and individuals seeking help with faith formation for all generations.
- Works with Faith Formation staff on Faith Formation Newsletter
- Provides coordination and serves as liaison to others within the Conference
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED equivalent required
- At least two years of clerical or administrative experience preferred
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Capable computer skills
BENEFITS: This part time job is not eligible for health benefits.
Sabbatical / Professional Development: Support Staff Tier
Internal Candidates: Submit cover letter & resume or profile, attention Marilyn Kendrix, to email@example.com.
External Candidates: Submit cover letter & resume or profile, attention Sioux Wilusz to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING: October 6, 2020
EEOC POLICY: The Conference provides equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion (except insofar as ordination or religious background may be a qualification for a position), sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, or any other class or status protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including prospective employment and the application and interview process, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.