PART TIME SEXTON POSITION
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
Reports to: Minister or designated head of staff (in the minister's absence), and the Prudential Ministry.
Works with: Church Staff, Ministry Chairpersons and Ministry Secretaries
The position of Sexton includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Clean the church building, walkways, parking area and entrances.
- Perform routine maintenance and basic repairs in the church building and on the grounds.
- Open and close the church building and set up the sanctuary for Sunday Services.
- Arrange with church office for all needed repair/service calls
- Serve as liaison contact for technicians and tradesmen engaged to perform work on the Church property.
- Provide needed services related to weddings, memorials and funerals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Related experience in light-duty maintenance, repair, and custodial service.
- Demonstrated ability to work through conflict.
- Ability to take direction and follow through on commitments.
- Ability to read, communicate, comprehend, and carry out instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Applicants must undergo a CORI check post-offer and comply with the Safe Church training upon employment.
- Lift, push, pull and move up to 35 lbs.
- Climb, crawl, stoop and kneel.
- Tolerate exposure to heat and cold and inclement weather.
- Operate and properly maintain tools and other equipment.
Personal Qualities Needed:
- Strong interpersonal skills, service orientation, and a positive personal attitude
- Absolute dependability, ability to communicate clearly, and honesty required.
- Although Allin Church is a religious organization, employee’s religious affiliation is immaterial. However, sensitivity to the identity and mission of the Church is necessary for effectiveness in this role.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Allin Congregational Church, UCC
Contact: Lynn Raymond
Address: 683 High Street Dedham MA 02026
Email: Click to email