Part Time Music Director
Hope Congregational Church, UCC (afosterri.org/hopecongri) is a gospel centered, multi-generational church in East Providence, RI. We are looking for an Accompanist/Music Director to work with the Pastor to help lead worship on Sunday mornings. The position is expected to begin by September 2023.
1. Ability to lead musical worship.
2. Willingness to support the UCC Statement of Faith and Ministry Distinctives.
3. Willingness to learn and play traditional and modern hymns as well as contemporary worship music.
4. A flexible spirit who is willing to grow and change as our congregation does.
5. Ability sing leading and background vocals and accompany music team on Piano or Pipe Organ.
1. Work with Pastor to select songs and plan musical elements included in Sunday morning worship.
2. Lead the congregation in song during Sunday morning services using either Piano or Pipe Organ.
3. Lead mid-week or Sunday morning rehearsals. Currently being held half hour before service begins.
4. Arrange for replacement musicians if you are not able to lead. This can be done with assistance from the Deacon Board and the Pastor if necessary.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Hours and Salary
The Music Director is an 8-10 hour a week position that reports to the Music Committee. Salary starts at $11, 900 annually and will start by September 2023.
Currently services start at 10:30am on Sundays.
Applicants may email a letter of interest and resume to:
Chairperson: Cora Rose
Hope Congregational Church, UCC
Location: Hope Congregational Church UCC
Contact: Lori Russell
Address: 120 Wampanoag Trail East Providence RI 02915
Email: Click to email
Attached file(s): music director.docx