The following part-time position is currently available with Trinitarian Congregational Church, United Church of Christ (UCC), 72 Elm St. in North Andover, MA. If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Livestreaming Technician and Media Coordinator (Media Tech)
Reports to: Board of Deacons and works regularly with the Pastor and Music Director
Location: 72 Elm Street, North Andover, MA 01845
Hours: Sunday mornings 9-11:15 and Christian Holidays such as Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday at the beginning of Lent, and Maundy (Holy) Thursday (the Thursday before Easter).
Trinitarian is a congregational, Protestant church with the United Church of Christ (UCC). We offer a Sunday morning worship service and a few short additional services every year to commemorate Christian holidays or special times.
The Livestreaming Technician and Media Coordinator is a new position created to help us offer an engaging service in real time. They person selected for the position will work in collaboration with the Deacons, Music Director and the Pastor to produce a high quality, immersive worship experience for our remote congregation. This position can be filled by a student intern on a semester basis, or by someone looking for a longer term position. The ideal candidate is reliable and creative, works well under pressure and is able to switch gears quickly, and is interested in expanding their skills in the video/livestream production field.
Arrive one hour before worship (9 AM) to set up and test equipment for worship. Services begin at 10 AM. Arrive one hour before special Christian worship services through the year. Must be in attendance every Sunday morning and on designated Christian holidays to livestream and/or record of our worship services. If you are unavailable for a particular date, you must secure and equip a substitute with all he/she needs to know so things go smoothly.
Some responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Starting, managing, editing and uploading the recording and/or livestream
- Inserting names, titles, hymn lyrics and graphics into the recording and/or livestream
- Controlling camera views and angles
- Hosting the live chat during the worship service
- A/V equipment set up, troubleshooting, and break down
- Edit videos in post-production and upload to social media and our website
- Maintain operation of AV equipment, including pre-service operational checks and preventative maintenance.
- Offer recommendations and assistance regarding additional equipment needs and purchases.
- Resolve technical or equipment problems, drawing upon outside contracted support as needed and authorized.
- Holiday hours such as for Christmas Eve and Easter required, but paid at time and a half. Additional hours may become available for special events, etc.
- Experience with live video production (can include social media like Facebook Live)
- Demonstrated interest in live video production and a willingness to learn.
- Students studying film, multimedia production, telecommunications technologies, digital media content creation, etc. are encouraged to apply.
- Display an artistic eye for video, shooting, editing, etc. with an excellent eye for framing and composition
- Detail-oriented, strong planning, and excellent communication skills, and ability to take direction
- Calm and clear-headed under pressure; ability to think on your feet and quickly problem solve.
- Comfortable working in a diverse, faith-based community
- Reliable, timely and communicative
- Working knowledge of and experience with AV equipment and computer-based AV production, recording, and streaming.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues, and assist with installation and maintenance of hardware and software.
- Ability to responsibly interact with social media platforms such as Facebook and YouTube.
- Ability to coach and train substitutes and volunteers and work as a team member with a positive attitude.
- Perform the functions of this position in a professional manner and work closely with the Board of Deacons and Music team to prepare a meaningful worship experience both live and online.
YOU’LL STAND OUT IF YOU HAVE
- Experience operating multi-camera systems
- A foundational understanding of audio systems and sound mixing
- Experience with livestream platforms
- Experience evaluating and enhancing accessibility of online content (ex. closed captioning videos)
- Experience working with volunteers
Trinitarian Congregational Church, UCC in North Andover is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
Location: Trinitarian Congregational Church - North Andover MA
Contact: Dorothy Taylor
Address: 72 Elm Street North Andover MA 01845
Email: Click to email