Title: Director of Sunday School
Location: First Church Congregational, Fairfield, CT
Reports to: Pastor Vanessa Rose with assistance of Personnel Board
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours/week, September through June, hybrid work schedule
Contact: Jacque Paige, email@example.com
We are an Open and Affirming Church which means: We extend the extravagant welcome of God to all people regardless of race, class, immigration status, ancestry, gender identity, marital status, ability or sexual orientation. No matter who are or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here.
We are Servant Church which means: We put our faith into action by serving and caring for each other and serving and caring for the world. At First Church we come to encounter God and engage the world.
We are a Progressive Church which means: We believe in a dynamic God who is still speaking and revealing to us – through Scripture, reason, history, science and the experiences of life – the ways of justice and peace. Our faith is 2,000 years old, but our thinking is not.
The Director of Sunday School, also called Director of Disciple Road, is responsible for fostering Christian growth and formation for children, infants through eighth grade, and their parents. This is done through development of a Christian Formation Program and administrative work specifically:
1. Provide professional leadership for pre-school, grade school and middle school one hour classes on Sunday mornings, and Vacation Bible School for one week in late June.
2. Be physically present on Sunday mornings and VBS week to administer these programs and activities; arranging for coverage on dates of required absence.
3. Recruit, orient, train and support all teachers, leaders and child care providers for infants through 8th grade; ensure that all classes are adequately staffed to comply with Safe Church policies.
4. Coordinate with the Pastor to identify appropriate curricula and resources (including Bibles for third graders) and to provide professional leadership to implement and utilize them.
5. Order and distribute curriculum, supplies and resource material for teachers.
6. Coordinate with the Pastoral Team and the Disciple Road Support Team to fully integrate children into worship including leadership.
7. Provide primary leadership, with other members of Pastoral Team and volunteers for the Christmas Pageant.
8. Coordinate with the Pastoral Team and the Disciple Road Support Team to plan and offer multi-generational fellowship, worship and educational events, such as Celebration Sundays, Bible Sunday Breakfast, Family Events, etc.
9. Coordinate children’s involvement in outreach ministries.
10. Register new students and inform Pastors of data on new families.
11. Provide regular communication with church families via bulletin boards, letters, booklets, email, social media and website.
12. Attend meetings and communicate regularly and effectively with other members of the Pastoral Team and Disciple Road Support Team to provide for coordi
This position can be combined with our Associate Pastor opening if more hours are sought by the applicant.
Location: First Church Congregational
Contact: Jacqueline N Paige
Address: Fairfield CT 06824-6730
Email: Click to email