Part-Time Director of Religious Education
Easthampton Congregational Church, United Church of Christ
112 Main Street
A successful candidate will promote the spiritual growth of the children at Easthampton Congregational Church through teaching church school lessons for our children emphasizing fun, spiritual growth, community, learning and safety.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Nurture children’s spiritual growth in cooperation with their parents/guardians and the rest of the church.
- Interact with the children and encourage their involvement in activities.
- Maintain a warm, safe environment that is orderly, clean and appealing.
- Teach them about Jesus, the Bible.
- Candidates must be willing to work in a church setting and support the efforts of ECC.
- Have experience working with children of varying ages.
- Patience, creativity, a sense of humor, and the ability to work with families, adults and church Pastor are also helpful.
- Candidates must be eighteen years of age or older, be willing to submit to a background check and comply with Safe Conduct policies and requirements.
- CPR and first-aid trained is preferred, but not required. CPR training can be provided by a fully qualified member of our church.
The Director of Religious Education leads development and implementation of weekly Sunday Church School programs for children in accordance with the goals, objectives and policies. The DRE embraces and promotes the purpose and ministry of this congregation, as well as our covenant. The objectives of this position is faith formation for our children (infants and toddlers – nursery oversight and K through grade 8).
Hours: Part-time. Sundays 9:30am to 11:30am 12 hours per week.
Additional hours may be needed during church special events as well.
Two hours per week may be added to Assist Pastor with our Youth Group Program
- Includes youth from 7th grade to 12th grade
ECC is an open and affirming congregation in the United Church of Christ open to the rich diversity of God’s creation and affirming of all the spiritual gifts people bring. As Jesus sought to welcome those historically excluded, we labor to ensure that everyone has a seat at the table. ECC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Please send a letter of interest, resume and contact information for two references to Janet Zmaczynski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Easthampton Congregational Church
Contact: Mona Balicki
Address: 112 Main Street Easthampton MA 01027
Email: Click to email