Brighton Allston Congregational Church in Boston's Brighton Center neighborhood is seeking an administrative assistant. We offer $20-$25 per hour for 20-25 hours per week.
Founded in 1828, the church today is a small congregation of mainline Protestant worshipers (United Church of Christ) that actively welcomes LGBTQ+ members, with a strong commitment to racial and environmental justice. Through our ministries, we provide food relief to thousands in Allston-Brighton. All of our staff and guests are required to wear masks on the property and follow other COVID safety protocols set by the church.
We seek an Administrative Assistant to:
- Offer a compassionate, welcoming presence to all of our guests
- Answer phone and respond to voicemail
- Answer the door and provide assistance as needed
- Assist guests with access to bathrooms, shower, and laundry
- Coordinate volunteers
- Enter data into QuickBooks and Breeze church management software
- Prepare donation acknowledgement letters
- Assist with digital and printed communications
- Assist with all-staff fundraising/grant writing efforts
- Participate in trauma-informed community trainings
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Approximate Weekly Schedule:
- Tuesday 9am-3pm
- Wednesday 9am-5pm
- Thursday 9am-3pm
- Friday 9am-1pm
Our church, and by extension our food ministry, is committed to the work of justice, equity, and inclusion. We recognize that systemic injustice often plays out in employment practices. We particularly encourage those whose identities have been historically marginalized (Black, Indigenous, POC, woman, queer, trans, disabled, unhoused, etc.) to apply.
To apply, please send a one-page cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Brighton Allston Congregational Church, United Church of Christ
Contact: Jamie Thompson
Address: 404 Washington Street Brighton MA 02135
Phone: (617) 254-4046
Email: Click to email