Organization name: Christ Congregational Church, UCC
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Range: $15,000 - $18,000.
Start Date: negotiable
Description: Christ Congregational Church, UCC, in Brockton, MA, an Open and Affirming congregation, is seeking an Organist/accompanist. Quality music is one of the church’s core values. The sanctuary offers a well-maintained Yamaha CF4 piano and a 3 manual Austin Organ (Opus 2759). The congregation enjoys a free worship style and varied music. This position reports to the church’s Music Director. The Organist/Accompanist is expected to use adequate time to be organized and prepared. This is a 12-month position.
Duties of the Organist/accompanist include:
- Sundays: Choral rehearsal at 9 a.m.; Playing hymns, anthems, postlude, and other music at morning service, currently at 10 a.m.
- Accompanying Wednesday evening choir rehearsals
- Collaborating with Music Director and clergy
- Participating in special services, including Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Saturday rehearsal, Easter Sunday and Christmas Eve.
- Participating in extra rehearsals and services as needed
UCC Pension and Disability Program; Paid Time Off (PTO); Designated office space
To apply, please send a resume and contact information with three references to the Music Director, Murray Kidd, at email@example.com. Interviewing will begin on January 31.
Qualified applicants will be asked to interview with the Music Director and Search Committee over Zoom. An in-person audition including hymn playing and sight reading will be required, as well as a CORI background check.
Location: Christ Congregational Church, UCC
Contact: Murray Kidd
Address: 1350 Pleasant Street Brockton MA 02301
Email: Click to email