Franklin Federated Church, 171 Main Street, Franklin MA
REPORTS TO: Pastor
The Franklin Federated Church is a warm, welcoming, progressive congregation. We are affiliated with the American Baptist Church and the United Church of Christ. Located in the Franklin Cultural District, just across from the town common, less than 10 minutes from route 495. For more information about us, go to franklinfederated.org.
· Support pastor, church council, and teams with administrative duties
· Handle and direct all incoming correspondence via mail, phone and email
· Prepare weekly bulletin for worship service
· Draft weekly newsletter in coordination with pastor
· Support any mailings as required
· Maintain and update church website (adding church events, sermons, graphics, audio, etc.)
· Update the church membership contact database and produce annual phone directory
· Maintain church calendar
· Manage usage and rental of the church building and facilities
· Organize and prepare materials for special events (weddings, baptisms, funerals, etc.)
· Organize and order supplies for office, pastor, and church activities
· Perform other tasks as assigned by the Pastor, including some items generated by parishioners
· Track liturgists, ushers, counters/checkers for weekly Sunday Services.
· Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Outlook), and computer graphics programs; familiarity with church management software (Breeze) a plus
· Excellent organizational skills required to maintain and manage church office
· Attention to detail and ability to follow through with details; works well with minimal supervision
· Excellent written communication (email/text, etc.)
· Experience in maintaining website content, including text, audio, and photo postings
· Courteous and professional conduct; excellent interpersonal skills; communicates and collaborates well with staff and congregation volunteers
· Confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the congregation and staff
1. QuickBooks – enter and pay bills, review credit card charges, enter expenses into QuickBooks, record journal entries for weekly financial reports and payroll reports.
2. Reconcile Bank Accounts and create asset report monthly
*Possible additional responsibilities/hours could be added to the role if the candidate has financial experience. Please identify if you have QuickBooks skills and background in bookkeeping.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
· $20 per hour; approximately 20 hours/week
· Flexible hours in coordination with Pastor
· Built-in 60-day Performance Evaluation
· Additional benefits at 6 months including prorated holidays (US) and 2 weeks of paid vacation to be scheduled in consultation with the pastor.
Letter of interest and resume should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Franklin Federated Church
Contact: Doreen C Oughton
Address: 183 Main St. Franklin MA 02038
Email: Click to email