NURSERY TO PRE-K SCHOOL DIRECTOR
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The Community Nursery School (CNS) at First Congregational Church is in West Boylston, MA, and has been in operation for almost 60 years, and seeks to hire a new school director. It is a school with a secular curriculum wrapped in the Christian values of compassion, inclusivity, care, and love. CNS enrolls over 100 students each year. We are an all-gender, independent, and private school serving nursery to Pre-K students in our warm, beautiful facility, which provides age-specific individual classrooms, and an average 8:1 student-faculty ratio. Our faculty participate in professional development opportunities that translate directly to the classroom, creating an exciting, revelatory learning experience for our students. Teachers provide personalized instruction in a student-centered, project-based learning environment. We adhere to the concept of teacher as learner. We recruit and retain an outstanding and diverse faculty who place students at the center of each decision, view their colleagues as essential collaborators, and are committed to their own growth and development as educators.
CNS celebrates our faculty as thought leaders in educational practice with a focus on individualized learning. The administration supports and fosters teachers’ professional development through the funding of conferences, workshops, and ongoing education. We hope you will browse our open positions and take the time to learn more about our School.
The Community Nursery School (CNS) at First Congregational Church in West Boylston is seeking a Director for its Nursery to Pre-K school. The director is responsible for the vision of the school in collaboration with Frist Congregational’s Senior Pastor, supervising our staff of 15+ teachers for infants through preschoolers, overseeing the development of a holistic curriculum for the entire school, as well as guiding teachers in creating individual lesson plans for each age group, and setting an overall tone that is safety-focused, positive, and loving. Applicants must have excellent communication skills, a desire to continually strive for excellence, and the ability to thrive in this dynamic, collaborative environment. The Director will be responsible for the evolution of CNS from a daycare to a school environment.
We offer a compensation package that values this leadership position and a work environment committed to ongoing growth, development, and community involvement.
• Director 1 and 2 EEC certifications
• Education: bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or other academic degrees that are Pre-K focused are highly preferred for the Director position, as is previous experience as director.
• Ability to work collaboratively with First Congregational Church leadership across a spectrum of vision, management, and community outreach is re quired.
• Ability to relate with co-workers and parents in a cooperative/positive manner
• Ability to work with families and children of diverse cultural backgrounds
• Solid computer skills (especially the Microsoft Office suite of applications) are required.
• Job Type: Full-time
• Work Location: One location (West Boylston, MA)
• Position available: end of August 2022
• Provide 4 professional references
Our competitive pay and close community make this a special place to work, serve, and grow. Salary ranges are dependent on education, experience, and certifications.
Please e-mail your application, references, and cover letter to Ken Richards, Education Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, please contact Mr. Richards by email or phone at (774) 271-0530 (Monday – Friday 10 – 5). The position will remain open until it is filled.
Location: First Congregational Church
Contact: Ken H. Richards
Address: 26 Central Street West Boylston MA 01583
Email: Click to email