The Director of Music creates and implements the artistic vision for the ministry of music throughout the life of the Church; directly leading the music ministry for the worship service, choirs, youth music program, and special music services.
Ellington Congregational Church seeks an individual rooted in the Christian Faith who will inspire us to evolve and grow. The Director of Music will use a variety of music styles and instruments to give an uplifting voice in praise of God, expressing our joy, hope, appreciation and gratitude. Ellington Congregational Church embraces a traditional music program based upon both classical and contemporary choral, piano and organ music as well as instrumental offerings of chimes, handbells, violin, recorders and other musical instruments.
As an integral part of the leadership team, the Director of Music works with the Pastor, staff, music committee, worship committee, volunteer choirs and instrumentalists to prepare and deliver music for Sunday services and other church services and programs. Our Sunday service contains and embraces many forms of music that are both traditional and contemporary in an informal and family focused environment. Our Sunday worship service is a traditional but relaxed service with a variety of congregants with a small town feel. Participation of adult and children/youth choirs with singing, organ, piano, handbells, chimes, wind and string instruments are a regular part of our music ministry supporting the message and experience of our service.
• Accomplished organ and piano recital soloist, service player, improviser and collaborative artist.
• Advanced training and experience in traditional and contemporary choral repertoire and conducting.
• Experience in training and managing volunteer choirs and instrumentalists.
• Experience leading adult and youth music programs of vocal and instrumental music (choral, handbell, chimes, string & wind instruments).
• Choral and instrumental experience and expertise in conducting hymnody. We currently use the Disciples of Christ “Chalice Hymnal”.
• Excellent organizational, oral and written communications skills.
Please see full job description attached
Please send the following documents / information to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cover letter to search committee and current resume.
• Professional references.
• Digital Media – samples of: Worship Service Organ Performance including Choral Conducting, Prelude and Postlude music, hymn accompaniment on Organ (Piano, Keyboard, other instruments).
Location: Ellington Congregational Church
Contact: Cathy Leonard
Address: 72 Main Street Ellington CT 06029
Attached file(s): view file