United Parish is a vibrant, active and diverse congregation. Like everyone else, due to COVID-19, our worship services were moved online. We are looking for someone to help our pastors and music leaders to create quality videos for our congregation each week. Examples of previous work can be seen at youtube.com/unitedparishinbrookline. The ideal candidate will be a team player, flexible, patient, and willing to bring their expertise to a small church setting.
JOB TITLE: MULTIMEDIA PRODUCER
JOB TYPE: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
WORK HOURS: Approximately 20 hours/week. Hours are fairly flexible with most of the work taking place Thursday-Saturday.
COMPENSATION: Producer will be paid an hourly rate for hours actually worked; this position is not benefits eligible.
SUPERVISOR: Senior Pastor
The Multimedia Producer works collaboratively with the worship team to film, edit, and livestream online worship services and other videos.
1. Reports to the Senior Pastor.
2. Supports and collaborates with the worship team including Senior Pastor,
Associate Pastor, Minister of Music, Assistant Music Director and/or Choral
Section Leaders, and Seminarian.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
The Multimedia Producer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Producing quality multimedia content for digital platforms - specifically
YouTube. Content will include weekly Sunday worship services, which must be prepared on a timely basis.
2. Wrangling media files as uploaded by United Parish content makers for inclusion in worship service videos.
3. Assist in filming segments for the weekly services.
4. Ensuring timely completion of videos, and troubleshooting if needed.
5. Communicating with the worship team about the audio and visual needs for each week’s worship service.
● Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite - specifically Premiere
● Proficiency with a DSLR camera, microphone and Steadicam
● Knowledge of YouTube Studio and Google Suite
● Organizational skills
● Attention to detail
Work on editing weekly services can be performed remotely. Filming may take place in the church building, outside or around town. Work is frequently accomplished at a computer.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
1. Prior experience working in multimedia production.
2. Skilled in use of computers, audio/video equipment, and editing software.
Location: United Parish in Brookline
Contact: Sarah Fitzpatrick
Address: 210 Harvard Street Brookline MA 02446