Melrose Highlands Congregational church is seeking an energetic, organized leader for our youth group, Grades 6, 7 and 8. Primary responsibilities are to coordinate and lead 2-3 activities per month, including a mix of group meetings/activities and service work. The position reports to the Deacon of Youth Ministries and the Pastor.
We are an open and affirming community with a reputation for nurturing our youth and putting faith into action. Time commitment is approximately 10 hours per month from September to June. Salary is $3,500 annually.
- Plan, coordinate and lead activities that will engage our youth in team building, leadership and service. Activities are held 2-3x/month from September to June and include a mix of fellowship- and service-oriented events.
- Serve as an adult mentor to guide youth in developing their own personal, social and spiritual awareness.
- Lead the coordination efforts of youth mission work. Past and ongoing mission work has included participation in food drives, feeding ministries, supporting the homeless and local community events.
- Teach and model behavior in keeping with theological and biblical principles and service to others.
- Attend coordination meetings with the Deacon of Youth Ministries and/or Pastor approximately 8-10x/year.
- The leader is responsible for planning and coordinating all middle school youth group activities. An adult church member will attend events to co-facilitate, but this person will generally not be involved with the planning process.
- Coordinate volunteers as needed. The leader is primarily responsible, with support from the Deacon of Youth Ministries, for recruiting a second adult from the congregation to co-facilitate meetings and events.
- Leader will maintain communication with parents on upcoming activities and programs and obtain necessary permissions.
- In addition to coordinating, the leader will be an enthusiastic participant in all events and activities.
Location: Melrose Highlands Congregational Church
Contact: Holly Ardito
Address: 355 Franklin St Melrose MA 02176