Melrose Highlands Congregational church is seeking an energetic, organized leader for our youth group, Grades 6, 7 and 8. Coordinate and lead 2-3 activities per month, including a mix of group meetings/events and service work.
We are an open and affirming community with a reputation for nurturing our youth and putting faith into action. Time commitment is approximately 10 hours per month; salary is $3,500 annually.
- Plan, coordinate and lead activities that will engage our youth in team building, leadership and service. For the duration of the Covid-19 pandemic, activities will be virtual or otherwise in accordance with state/city policy and MHCC Executive Council guidelines.
- Develop an adult support system to mentor and guide youth in developing their own personal and spiritual awareness.
- Maintain communication with parents on upcoming activities and programs and obtaining necessary permissions.
The youth group leader is expected to:
- Coordinate but also enthusiastically participate in events and activities
- Integrate youth activities with the whole church family, as youth programming is part of the whole church fellowship
- Model behavior that reflects personal theological and biblical reflection in their own spiritual life
Location: Melrose Highlands Congregational Church
Contact: Holly Ardito, Deacon of Youth Ministry
Address: 355 Franklin St Melrose MA 02176