TITLE: Manager of Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Executive Conference Minister
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-Time at 26 hours per week.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resources Manager (HRM) is responsible for management and administration of Human Resource functions for the Conference. The Human Resources Manager works collaboratively with leadership to ensure overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the Human Resources function of the organization.
The Human Resources Manager serves the God we know in Jesus Christ through the United Church of Christ by providing an environment and a culture that embodies the 4-part vision of the Southern New England Conference to: Make disciples of Jesus Christ; Make God’s love and justice real; Bring new life as agents of change; and form covenant partnerships, especially as it relates to making God’s love and justice real for the staff of the Conference.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Ensures all staff, including her/himself, have opportunities and resources for ongoing learning about behaviors that make for a satisfying and productive work environment
• Develops and updates employee policies, manuals and guidelines including compensation and benefits
• Develops and implements a Performance Management Program that supports the Conference culture
• Implements an Employee Engagement program to improve overall morale of the conference
• Assists with resolving employee relations issues when deemed appropriate
• Provides trainings to supervisors and managers as necessary in accordance to state and federal laws
• Manages vario.us functions such as the full recruitment cycle, compensation, benefits, training and development, and employee relations
• Handles all human resources functions including the entire onboarding process and maintains human resources file in accordance with state laws
• Assists and advices Conference Executive Leadership on layoffs due to job elimination and manages the termination process, assuring the staff separated from the Conference receive their appropriate severance package
• Processes and manages all employee benefits for the organization
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, or related field. An emphasis in human resources, management, or organizational development
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience managing the human resources of a 50+ workforce (preference given to non-profit experience)
• SHRM Certified Professional or SHRM Senior Certified Professional credential highly desirable
SALARY: $38,000 - $48,000 depending on relevant credentials and experience
BENEFITS: No benefits are provided for this part time position.
APPLICATION: Submit resume and cover letter, attention Darrell Goodwin, to SNEConfSearch@gmail.com
Clergy with standing may send a validated profile.
CLOSING: January 12, 2021
EEOC POLICY: The Conference provides equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion (except insofar as ordination or religious background may be a qualification for a position), sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, or any other class or status protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including prospective employment and the application and interview process, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Contact: Darrell Goodwin