The following part-time position is currently available with Old South Church in Boston. If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Livestream Production Assistant
Reports to: Communications Administrator
Location: Old South Church in Boston, Copley Square, 645 Boylston St, 02116
Hours: 9 hours/week, including Sundays 8am-1pm and Thursdays 5pm-7:30pm
Old South Church in Boston is a vibrant, intergenerational, theologically progressive LGBTQ+ welcoming 352 year old congregation of the United Church of Christ. We offer three worship services per week, one of which we have been livestreaming since 2016. As we look forward to a post-pandemic world, we are undergoing a large project to expand and upgrade our livestreaming system to ensure a high quality viewing experience for remote worshippers. Our new system will include multiple remotely controlled pan-tilt-zoom cameras, and will use vMix software to switch between cameras and insert hymn lyrics, titles and graphics in real time. We expect to have the system installed by the end of July, train and practice its use throughout August, and begin streaming worship services by Labor Day.
The Livestream Production Assistant is a new position created to help run this new, more complex livestreaming system. They will work with and support the Communications Administrator to produce a high quality, immersive worship experience for our remote congregation. This position can be filled by a student intern on a semester basis, or by someone looking for a longer term position. The ideal candidate is reliable and creative, works well under pressure and is able to switch gears quickly, and is interested in learning and developing skills in the video/livestream production field.
- Train and practice with the new livestream system during the month of August
- Assist every Sunday morning and Thursday evening with livestream production of our worship services, including but not limited to:
- Using vMix to insert names, titles, hymn lyrics and graphics into the livestream
- Controlling camera views and angles through the operation of a video switcher and joystick
- Hosting the live chat during the worship service
- A/V equipment set up, troubleshooting, and break down
- Edit videos in post-production and upload to social media and our website
- Holiday hours including Christmas Eve and Easter required, but paid at time and a half
- Additional hours may become available for special events, etc.
- Experience with live video production (can include social media like Facebook Live)
- Demonstrated interest and investment in live video production. The candidate will be fully trained on our new system, so prior experience with operating PTZ cameras, using a video switcher, etc. is not required. We are looking for someone who is excited to learn and grow with us.
- Students studying film, multimedia production, telecommunications technologies, digital media content creation, etc. are encouraged to apply.
- Display an artistic eye for video, shooting, editing, etc. with an excellent eye for framing and composition
- Detail-oriented, strong planning, and excellent communication skills, and ability to take direction
- Calm and clear-headed under pressure; ability to think on your feet and quickly problem solve.
- Comfortable working in a diverse, faith-based community
- Reliable, timely and communicative
YOU’LL STAND OUT IF YOU HAVE
- Experience operating multi-camera systems
- A foundational understanding of audio systems and sound mixing
- Experience with livestream platforms such as livestream.com, vMix, OBS, etc.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere Pro
- Experience evaluating and enhancing accessibility of online content (ex. closed captioning videos)
- Experience working with volunteers
Old South Church in Boston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and members of other historically marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Location: Old South Church in Boston
Contact: Jamie Garuti
Address: 645 Boylston St. Boston MA 02116