NORTH HAVEN CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH
An Open & Affirming Congregation
Professional Staff Position
September 11, 2022 – December 25, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
The North Haven Congregational Church is seeking an organist for the church’s worship services. The organist will work with the Music Director to support a music program which complements and enhances the church through weekly and occasional special services.
The organist has the responsibility to provide music for the following:
· 16 Sunday morning services (+/- 13 with the choir)
· Estimated average time commitment of 3.5 hours per week.
· A Christmas Eve service
· Communicate regularly with the Music Director
· Provide collaborative organ/piano for the Chancel Choir rehearsals approx. 6 times (suggested 1 each month Sept., Oct., Nov., & 3 in Dec).
· Willingness to consult with and make recommendations to Music Mission Team and Music Director with regard to the operation and maintenance of the organ.
The organist has the option to practice for services on the church organ during office hours or before and after Thursday choir rehearsal.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
· Willingness to work with adults and children/youth who have wide ranges of musical abilities.
· Knowledge of sacred music, hymnody, and Christian traditions. Ability and willingness to perform a variety of music (including traditional, classical, contemporary, gospel, folk etc.).
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $815.00 - $975.00 per month
Common Surfaces Disinfected Regularly
Masks currently optional
Location: North Haven Congregational Church
Contact: Music Director Jeffrey Hutchins/Organist Search Committee
Address: 28 Church Street North Haven CT 06473
Email: Click to email