TITLE: Innovation Team Leader for Vision and Adaptive Leadership
REPORTS TO: Executive for Missional Implementation
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full Time
The Innovation Team Leader for Vision and Adaptive Leadership provides leadership development opportunities in existing venues and works collaboratively with the staff to assess the changing realities of the leadership needs of churches. This position will provide support to the Executive for Missional Implementation in imagining and deploying innovation, leadership and change.
The Innovation Team Leader for Vision and Adaptive Leadership Development serves the God we know in Jesus Christ through the United Church of Christ by providing an environment and a culture that embodies the 4-part vision of the Southern New England Conference to: Make disciples of Jesus Christ; Make God’s love and justice real; Bring new life as agents of change; and form covenant partnerships, with an emphasis on bringing new life as agents of change and on seeking covenant partnerships in the development of such new life.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Serves as the team leader for the Innovation Team, providing leadership and performance enhancement opportunities for team members.
- Uses research and development of effective innovation, vision, change approaches and resources
- Includes gathering stories from UCC, other denominations and beyond the Christian church of groups/churches, faith communities who have moved from status quo to new life... asks how and why they did it
- Trains and supports staff in theory, approaches to innovation, visioning and change, including immunity to change theory
- Trains and supports clergy and church leadership to provoke innovation and transformation
- Imagines new ways for effective creative innovation towards new life in Christ
- Stays informed of innovation/leadership development programs and processes in other conferences, and in particular, the National UCC offices and other organizations, as these may strengthen the work of the Conference
- Develops and oversees grant programs that encourage innovation
- Provides leadership development opportunities in existing venues, develops events, major and periodic
- Clarifies and resources the Clergy Excellence Communities of Practice programs in partnership with appropriate staff
- Creates and/or convenes conversations for innovative thinking and practice
- Provides consulting type services to churches where requested and appropriate. This might include: Leadership retreats, Vision and strategic planning processes, communication of best practices and/or conflict management consulting, and governance restructure support
- Oversees the assessment, development, and support of new ministry initiatives
- Acts as convener of church vitality potential assessment meetings, including a cross disciplinary team of appropriate staff that might to include ACMs, Legacy, Community Organizer, Faith Formation, Justice & Witness
- Other duties as assigned
- BA Degree or equivalent related experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to gather community and initiate ministry
- Two or more years of leadership experience preferred
- Must be reliable, self-motivated with solid, hands-on, leadership qualities
- Strong communication and interpersonal Skills
SALARY: $59,000 - $69,000 depending on relevant credentials and experience
BENEFITS: In order to be eligible for Conference provided benefits, an employee must work at least 28 hours per
Health, Dental and Vision: That the Southern New England Conference provides a full array of health benefits, provided by the UCC Pension Board, Plan A. With a belief in cost sharing, the Conference will pay 85% of the cost of individual health coverage, and 80% of the additional incremental cost of family coverage, for all those who are eligible for and elect such coverage.
Pension: The Conference will contribute 14% of salary basis to the pension plan of the UCC Pension Boards.
Life and LTD Insurance: All eligible employees will be enrolled in the Pension Boards Life & LTD insurance at Conference expense.
Sabbatical / Professional Development: Senior Tier
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Submit cover letter & resume, attention Marilyn Kendrix, to email@example.com.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Submit cover letter and resume, attention Sioux Wilusz, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While this position does not require ordination, candidates with standing in the UCC may submit a valid profile rather than a resume.
CLOSING: August 25, 2020
EEOC POLICY: The Conference provides equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion (except insofar as ordination or religious background may be a qualification for a position), sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, or any other class or status protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including prospective employment and the application and interview process, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Contact: Sioux Wilusz