Position: Executive Director
Massachusetts Interfaith Power & Light (MassIPL) http://www.MassIPL.org
MassIPL is a statewide non-profit organization that works with religious organizations and local leaders to provide a faithful response to climate change. We were founded in 2003 and currently have 250 member congregations. We are a state chapter of the national Interfaith Power & Light network with affiliate organizations in 39 other states.
The mission of Mass Interfaith Power & Light is:
- Pray: Educating people on the connections between the tenets of their faith and the work of environmental justice .
- Act: Guiding faith communities in being better environmental stewards of their buildings by providing technical expertise to lower their carbon emissions and save money.
- Mobilize: Fostering understanding of and support for legislation and regulatory policies that will lead to a sustainable future.
We seek a new leader with outstanding organizing and public outreach skills who can help us advance our mission to inspire congregations and individuals to live faithfully and sustainably here in the 21st century. While the position currently averages 25 hours per week, we expect it to grow as we successfully increase our financial support under our new Executive Director.
Primary duties of the MassIPL Executive Director, under direction of the Board, include:
- Working with our member congregations to connect them with relevant program resources to help them in the environmental stewardship journey.
- Serving as a public voice and visible presence around our state representing the faith-based response to the climate emergency.
- Developing and implementing a fundraising plan including mailings to members, identifying sources of grant funding, and writing grant proposals
- Responsible for implementation of our programs such as Solar Equity program and Faith in Action Teams program working with staff, volunteers, and interns.
- Oversight and management of financial and general administrative duties.
We are looking for someone who has excellent knowledge of faith issues and environmental policy and is excited by a vision of strengthening faith communities’ presence in the growing movement demanding bold action to combat climate change.
Salary range: This is a salaried, non-benefitted position with compensation between $30,000-$32,5000 annually.
Weekly Time: Average 25 hours, including some weekends and evenings.
Interested applicants can send a letter and resume to: EDSearch@MassIPL.org
Note: MIP&L is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all backgrounds and traditions to apply for this position.
Location: Massachusetts Interfaith Power and Light
Contact: The Reverend Victoria Guest
Address: P. O. Box 600163 Newton MA 02460