TITLE: Events Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive for Missional Implementation
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Events Coordinator develops and coordinates the Conference’s large events that will serve to further the vison of the Conference, especially as it relates to making disciples and making God’s love and justice real. This person also provides in person support at major event venues on the day of the Event.
The Events Coordinator serves the God we know in Jesus Christ through the United Church of Christ by providing an environment and a culture that embodies the 4-part vision of the Southern New England Conference to: Make disciples of Jesus Christ; Make God’s love and justice real; Bring new life as agents of change; and form covenant partnerships, especially as it relates to how colleague interactions take place. The position should be conducted in a way that reflects God’s love onto all with whom this person has contact.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- In collaboration with Executive Conference Minister, Executive for Missional Implementation and program ministries, identifies special events that are appropriate to the Conference's image and mission.
- Plans budgets, locates and secures facilities, arranges for food, entertainment and equipment at major event sites.
- Solicits participation for major events, encouraging people from within and outside the conference staff to share their gifts with others at the events.
- Attends events to coordinate activities, to ensure smooth operations and to resolve problems that may arise.
- Oversees marketing, registration and promotions for the events, partnering with Communications Team to use various Conference media to advertise for major events
- Conducts an evaluation after the event to determine its successes and improvements needed for the next time the event occurs.
- Develops and maintains participant databases.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Brings event collaboration to local churches of the Conference for own their adaptive change as well.
- Assists local churches with answering questions and giving referrals concerning technology, resources, advertising, & logistics to hold events that further the vision and mission of the SNE Conference.
- Creates the registration forms.
- Creates website content to communicate the event both within and outside the Conference.
- Manages intake, follow-up and all event communications with presenters regarding their workshop proposals.
- Creates promotional materials including the brochures and flyers.
- Site logistics: Provides communication with facility, contracts, AV coordination, coordination with venue staff, site setup the night before and clean up after.
- Caterer: Coordinates the menu, final numbers and logistics.
- Provides for registrations, payment process, name tags, table cards, lunches, communications regarding the event
- Registration processing/management:
- Creates folders, organizing registrations (breaking down into the lunches and church membership) individualize labels, name tags, lunch schedules, stuff folders, organize folders (paid, unpaid, presenters), coordinate the paperwork for the children’s program, etc.
- Coordinates support staff onsite team and volunteers.
- Provides Hospitality for attendees.
- Creates signage: information and directional signs within the venue, outside directional signs, and other signs as needed
- Initiates and creates sponsorship program, marketing materials and solicits event sponsorships.
- Provides for guest speaker / keynoter support – communicates with speaker regarding the logistics and needs, hotel/travel arrangements when necessary.
- Provides logistical support for worship at the event, including bulletins and handouts
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of high school diploma
- At least two years of relevant experience preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
SALARY: $ 40,000 - $50,000 depending on relevant credentials and experience.
BENEFITS: In order to be eligible for Conference provided benefits, an employee must work at least
28 hours per week.
Health, Dental and Vision: That the Southern New England Conference provides a full array of health benefits, provided by the UCC Pension Board, Plan A. With a belief in cost sharing, the Conference will pay 85% of the cost of individual health coverage, and 80% of the additional incremental cost of family coverage, for all those who are eligible for and elect such coverage.
Pension: The Conference will contribute 14% of salary basis to the pension plan of the UCC Pension Boards.
Life and LTD Insurance: All eligible employees will be enrolled in the Pension Boards Life & LTD insurance at Conference expense.
Sabbatical / Professional Development: Support Staff Tier
Internal Candidates: Submit cover letter & resume or profile, attention Marilyn Kendrix, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
External Candidates: Submit cover letter & resume or profile, attention Sioux Wilusz to email@example.com.
CLOSING: October 13, 2020
EEOC POLICY: The Conference provides equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion (except insofar as ordination or religious background may be a qualification for a position), sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, or any other class or status protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including prospective employment and the application and interview process, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Contact: Sioux Wilusz