Pilgrim Church UCC
15 Common Street
Southborough, MA 01772
Job Description: Director of Youth Ministry
This position is responsible for the overall Pilgrim Church teenage youth ministry. This person will need to provide perspective and support for the youth, as well as communication with the Senior Minister, leadership of the church and the parents of the youth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading, planning and coordination of weekly group meetings during Sunday church worship/school year, ensuring that each youth participant has practical experience with helping others, working as a team, and exploring their faith.
- Plan and communicate youth group schedule
- Communicate with Senior Minister, Parents, Pilgrim Church Youth Group (PCYG) and Congregation
- Contact parents and teens to check in and communicate about upcoming events
- Oversee and/or directly recruit teens/parents to staff the program
- Coordinate food for youth group events
- Plan and coordinate youth to establish group leadership roles
- Develop spiritual and scripture connected content for meetings and events
- Communicate/collaborate programing with CE committee and provide updates to CE meeting
- Communicate with teens/parents via group messages using various digital medial (e.g., Snapchat, Facebook email, text messages, etc.)
- Coordinate scheduling of events through Minister of Communication
- Plan and execute the summer mission trip including the following:
o Coordinate and delegate tasks regarding planning and executing of fundraisers for the mission trip(s)
o Coordinate transportation, lodging, work site, evening activities, overall logistics and meals.
o Recruit, coordinate and supervise adult volunteers to help assist
o Ensure that the youth understand expectations and receive support and coaching to provide a robust mission experience
o Review and optimize solutions for improvements & learnings after the trip has occurred
- Adhere to Pilgrim Church Safe Church policy and support youth and mission trip volunteers to abide by these expectations
Reports To: Senior Minister
Management Responsibilities: none
Education Required: Undergraduate degree or higher or equivalent.
Beneficial Experience: Focus in theology, psychology, education, counseling. Previous youth leadership.
Skills Required: Strong communication skills, small group leadership, bible study leadership, counseling/coaching teenagers, program management, mission trip planning.
Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications Required: none. CORI check is required.
Physical Demands: No extraordinary demands
Working Conditions and Travel Requirements: Office environment, local travel, domestic travel within continental USA for mission trips
Revision Date: June 2023
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20,000.00 - $25,000.00 per year
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person
Location: Pilgrim Congregational Church
Contact: Debbie Rowe, Minister of Communication
Address: 15 Common Street Soutborough MA 01772
Phone: (508) 485-4847
Email: Click to email