The Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries will be responsible for the development and implementation of a Christian education program that nurtures the faith formation of youth, and young adults, through studies in spiritual exploration, community service, a mentoring program and fellowship. He/She will collaborate with PCC Church ministries to create a comprehensive and diverse faith based program to facilitate and create opportunities for youth and young adults to grow in faith and in the understanding of Christian service. He/She will be sensitive to the cultural, social and individual needs of participants while ensuring the wellbeing of all participants involve in the program in accordance with safe church practices of PCC Safe Church Policy.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent relevant experience, Ordained or lay person
- At least two years’ experience working with teenagers, young adults and diverse groups
- Experience exhibiting a personal and growing relationship with god
- Foundational understanding and acceptance of, and passion for progressive Christian theology and teachings
- Experience coordinating activities and compiling and or disseminating information related to youth/young adult events, civic activities, meetings, missions trips, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to details
- Excellent computer proficiency with demonstrable skills with all Microsoft Office products, calendars, databases, graphics, and social media.
- Basic budget management
- Ability to take direction and work with a team, while also being a self-starter
Location: Park Congregational Church
Contact: Pastor Paul Doyle
Address: 283 Broadway Norwich CT 06360
Email: Click to email
Attached file(s): sneucc posting 122822.docx