Position Title: Director of Human Resource and Staff Engagement
Reports to: Executive Minister for Policy and Finance
Department: Executive Leadership
Position Summary: The Director of Human Resource and Staff Engagement is responsible for management and administration of Human Resource functions for the Conference. The Director of Human Resource and Staff Engagement works collaboratively with leadership to ensure overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the Human Resources function of the organization.
The Director of Human Resource and Staff Engagement serves the God we know in Jesus Christ through the United Church of Christ by providing an environment and a culture that embodies the 4-part vision of the Southern New England Conference to: Make disciples of Jesus Christ; Make God’s love and justice real; Bring new life as agents of change; and form covenant partnerships, especially as it relates to making God’s love and justice real for the staff of the Conference.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages HR functions including the full recruitment cycle; compensation and benefits; training and development; onboarding and departure; and employee relations
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State employment law, including, but not limited to:
- Maintenance of human resource files
- Mandatory training of employees
- Compliance with mandated benefits programs
- Processes and manages all employee benefits for the organization, ensuring that Business Office staff have complete and accurate information for timely payment of new hires
- Develops, recommends and updates employee policies, manuals and guidelines
- Provides staff support to the Human Resource Committee of the Board of Directors
- Ensures all staff have opportunities and resources for ongoing learning about behaviors that make for a satisfying and productive work environment
- Develops and implements a Performance Management Program that supports the Conference culture
- Implements an Employee Engagement program to improve overall morale of the conference
- Assists with resolving employee relations issues when deemed appropriate
- Assists and advises Conference Executive Leadership on layoffs due to job elimination and manages the termination process, assuring the staff separated from the Conference receives their appropriate severance package
- Performs other duties as assigned
- The Director of Human Resource and Staff Engagement will be required to participate in Conference-Sponsored events throughout the year
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, or related field. An emphasis in human resources, management, or organizational development
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience managing the human resources of a 50+ workforce (preference given to non-profit experience)
- SHRM Certified Professional or SHRM Senior Certified Professional credential highly desirable
Compensation:Salary $45-48,000 for 80% of FT. Excellent benefits include 14% employer pension contribution; health and dental plan; and generous paid time off.
How to Apply:
Please email Dawn Hammond (email@example.com) for instructions about how to begin the application process.
Contact: Dawn Hammond