The Director of Faith Formation and Christian Education will provide overall leadership in Faith Formation ministries and Christian Education intergenerationally for children, youth, adults and families consistent with the mission and vision of The Congregational Church of Westborough. In conjunction with the Senior Pastor and staff, provide guidance, resourcing, and direct special events for education and mission purposes. Lead Faith Formation classes, establish approved curricula, train and supervise teachers, and lead Youth Groups as well as other appropriate duties that may arise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with the Faith Formation (FF) Board and staff, provide vision, support, administration and leadership of Faith Formation classes and provide support for FF teachers.
- Lead selection and preparation of all Sunday School curricula and Materials, in consultation with FF Board and relevant staff.
- Ensure that classrooms are in order and supplies/equipment are ready as needed.
- In conjunction with Staff and Boards, plan and implement special seasonal events (i.e. Rally Sunday, Christmas Pageant, Lenten/Easter).
- Work with Sr. Pastor to incorporate children and youth presence in corporate worship as needed.
- Act as lead Youth Group leader and meet at least twice monthly. Develop fellowship events and service projects.
- Help coordinate/facilitate implementation of Adult Faith Formation opportunities.
- Attend FF Board meetings.
- Prepare and submit a yearly budget to FF board, Sr. Pastor, and Trustees.
- Prepare and submit an annual Faith Formation report
- Communicate regularly with the congregation about programs, projects and events. Recruit parent/adult participation.
- Person of faith with a proven ability to relate with all ages and build trusted relationships.
- Have at least two years of post-secondary education and some formal training/credentials/certification in Faith Formation (or be willing to obtain Certification within 12 months).
- Must have or obtain CORI and follow CCW Safe Church Policy.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent communicator and able to leverage social media/technology as needed in conjunction with FF objectives.
- Inspire and encourage intergenerational activities.
- Awareness of and ability to articulate the values, principles and practices of the Congregational Church of Westborough
|20-25 hrs/week as needed to effectively execute the responsibilities of this position. Structured to run from Mid-August to Mid-June. During Mid-June to Mid-August, time as needed for Youth Group activities and Mission Trip (if one is planned).|
Location: The Congregational Church of Westborough
Contact: Roland J. Regnier
Address: 57 West Main Street Westborough MA 01581
Email: Click to email
Attached file(s): view file