The Congregational Church in South Glastonbury (South Church) has a job opening for a Director of Children’s Ministry. We are seeking an individual who will bring their gifts and experience to lead a vibrant, loving Sunday School. This position includes program development, logistics delivering weekly Sunday school, and mission outreach for children & families.
The Director of Children’s Ministry supports our shared Christian values and our faith traditions for our children.
The successful candidate is energetic, joyful, faithful, innovative, and collaborative.
Qualifications include a college degree in Education, Theology, or a related field or its functional equivalent in experience; enthusiasm for educational ministry; an understanding of childhood development and family systems; the ability to inspire others and build strong relationships with Church School teachers, parents, children, other Ministry teams, and the congregation; interpersonal skills that engage children; and a desire to have fun in working with children and youth.
The salary range is from $18,500 to $21,000 depending on skills and experience. It is 20 hours per week. Benefits include schedule flexibility and fewer hours in the summer. Healthcare benefits are not provided.
If you are interested and qualified for the position, please respond by emailing your resume, salary requirements, and a cover letter outlining why you are interested and how your skills match the position requirements to email@example.com Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit our website for additional information about South Church: https://southcongregational.org
Our Purpose and Ministry:
The Director of Children’s Ministry is an essential partner in this mission.
The purpose of the Church is to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ in word and deed, to embody this Gospel in ministry and policy, and to celebrate this Gospel in worship and witness. It is our purpose to study Scripture and to translate that Living Word into deeds of compassion for the sake of the earth, the human community, and all of God’s creation. It is our purpose to be an inclusive community of faith honoring the diversity of God’s handiwork and reflecting Christ’s radical welcome.
- We are a congregation committed to living out the Gospel of Jesus Christ in word and deed.
- We are led by the Spirit into ministries of justice and peace, into spirited worship, and into religious education for all ages.
- We are known as a church-in-mission engaging all generations in hands-on mission projects. Our mission partnerships in Glastonbury, Hartford, South Dakota, and Africa are life-giving and transformational. As a Global Mission church, we seek to be a light in God’s world.
- We are an Open and Affirming church, open to the rich diversity of God’s creation and affirming of all the spiritual gifts people bring. As Jesus sought to welcome those historically excluded, we labor to ensure that everyone has a seat at the table.
- We are a Christian church committed to inter-faith engagement, to loving our neighbors, and to servant leadership.
The Director of Children’s Ministry leads development and implementation of weekly Sunday Church School programs for children in accordance with the goals, objectives and policies established by our by-laws. This is a part-time, hourly position. The Director of Children’s Ministry embraces and promotes the purpose and ministry of this congregation, as well as our covenant. The objective of this position is faith formation for our children (infants and toddlers – nursery oversight and K through grade 8) through effective programs and loving engagement.
Location: Congregational Church in South Glastonbury
Contact: Diane Korntheuer
Address: PO Box 187 949 Main Street South Glastonbury CT 06033
Phone: 860 633 4651
Email: Click to email