United Church in Walpole, an Open and Affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ, is in search of a Director of Children’s Ministries. We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative, organized, faithful person to work with our children (infant through 5th grade) and their families both in-person and online.
General Purpose of Position:
To reach out and build young disciples of Jesus by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to children’s ministry while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Director of Children’s Ministries (“DCM”) reports to the Pastor. The Pastor, in cooperation with teachers, parents, and other church members, provides an annual evaluation of the DCM’s performance.
The Primary Task:
There shall be a comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of children’s ministry at all levels and in all ministry areas of the local church. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of children’s ministry to:
- Love children where they are
- Encourage children in developing their relationship to God
- Provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth
- Challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
- Oversee children’s ministry groups at United Church in Walpole and plan and organize special children’s ministry events with support from volunteers from the congregation.
- Be present on Sunday mornings and at special events (when COVID precautions are lifted by the church community).
- Plan weekly “Time with Children” children’s sermon in conjunction with weekly lesson
- Be an advocate for children and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of children in the local church and community.
- Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced children’s ministry.
- Be aware of resources for developing the children’s ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- Help recruit and train volunteers who work with children in all aspects of children’s ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to children ratios.
- Actively engage with the local community to share our spirit of giving
- Perform staff reviews for paid teacher positions
- Keep records of children’s participation, manage the children’s ministry budget, and help prepare the annual budget as well as annual report.
- Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, social media, bulletin, bulletin board, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
- Work in connection with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
- Ensure that United Church in Walpole’s Safe Church Policy is observed in all children’s ministry settings.
- Must embrace United Church of Christ theology.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a children’s ministry
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must have modern computer and app proficiency to run a hybrid in-person and online ministry program, work in our church management system, and run our digital child check in app.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with children, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
12 hours/week, 44 weeks per year
$20 per hour
To apply: Please apply through indeed.com (https://www.indeedjobs.com/
Location: United Church in Walpole
Contact: Rev. Anna Flowers
Address: 30 Common Street Walpole MA 02081