Director of Children’s Ministries
First Church of Christ in Saybrook, UCC Old Saybrook, CT
Title: Director of Children’s Ministries
Reports to: The Senior Pastor
General Responsibility: Provide oversight for the planning, implementation and evaluation of the church’s educational programming for children, and provide leadership for special programs and events in the course of congregational life.
A. Oversee Sunday School (Pre-K through middle school)
- Work with the Christian Education Team.
- Guide Curriculum selection.
- Order curricula and class supplies. Keep regular supplies on hand in the resource room.
- Recruit and train teachers.
- Keep accurate records of attendance, class lists, contact information, etc.
- Develop a yearly calendar of Sunday School and education events.
- Have regular communication with the teachers, CE Team and parents/families.
- Oversee Sunday School on Sunday morning, monitoring classes.
- Ensure implementation of the Safe Conduct Policy for Sunday School and Faith Formation programs.
- Plan and work with children and youth to lead Youth Sunday(s)
- Involve children and youth as regular participants in services of worship and other aspects of congregational life as much as possible.
- Offer a Children’s moment during worship, and/or coordinate a schedule of volunteers.
- Homecoming Sunday/Rally Day/Faith Formation Sunday
- Christmas Pageant
- Community service
- Summer Camp (Silver Lake)
- Coordinate family Christmas Eve Worship Service
- Contribute articles for church publications
- Write an annual report as requested.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Participate in annual performance evaluation by the senior pastor.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Religion, or related discipline is desirable. Flexibility to adapt to changing weekly attendance. Experience with children a must.
Hours: 10-12 hours per week, September through June. Flexible hours, including working from home, except Sundays and event days. Hourly employee, hours to be submitted each week. Competitive hourly wage, $20-$25/hr, depending on education and experience.
First Church of Christ in Saybrook is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: First Church of Christ in Saybrook UCC
Contact: Rev. Dr. Todd Grant Yonkman
Address: 366 Main St. Old Saybrook CT 06475
Email: Click to email
Attached file(s): job description director of children's ministries fccs final 10-7-22.doc